“The Penthouse Please” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
Catasauqua, Pennsylvania
“The Penthouse Please”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We arrived @1pm and were told to enjoy the amenities but our room wasn't ready in the Luxe, not the Annex. . We valeted the car and used the Annex pool, the pool on level 5 was very cool., - the Annex pool is heated. Since we had registered early we could bypass the very long check-in lines at 4pm. To our great surprise the room we were assigned at that hour was on the PENTHOUSE level. The room was beautiful, the view spectacular, the bathroom pristine and the beds heavenly. Reviews we read were sometimes awful but we found everyone from check-in to valet to be kind, helpful and pleasant. The beach attendant will not only set up your chairs...he'll get you lunch and drinks.
The included breakfast at Terpletzky's was wonderful as well.
We'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (464)
Parsippany, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel several times over the last three years. I usually book an ocean view room or a penthouse suite. Im sad to say the furnishings and fixtures are begining to really show signs of wear. The couch in our suite looked like a cat clawed it. The wallpaper was peeling. The curtains were stained. Bedding and linnins were nice. The views are great. The hotel staff is very courteous and helpful. The firealarm was activated for some reason at 2:00am and we had to evacuate walking down 19 floors. False alarm. No fire. I ordered breakfast from room service it was delivered promptly. Unfortunately the order was missing some items. The waiter said he would be back with the missing items. He never returned. The hotel manager removed the charge from my bill when I complained. We took advantage of the express checkout upon departure. Big mistake! I checked my credit card the next day on line only to find they over charged me by several hundred dollars. It took three seperate phone calls to finally speak with the hotel manager. In his defense he did help me out by correcting the charges to my card. It's sad to see the chelsea in decline. Like much of Atlantic city profits must be down. I have mixed emotions as to weather or not to stay there anymore.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Everyone was right on with enthusiasm and hospitality!
Had immediate response and repair when airconditioning neded filter change. Also had prompt follow up call. The beach was fab and extremly clean. Lonky complaint would be people other than hotel guest's were able to sit right in front of us and erected their low umbrellas which obscured my view of kids in water. I will most certainly return!

• Stayed August 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I have stayed at The Chelsea several times now. The location is ideal. It is so close to so many things in Atlantic City - or I can stay right in the hotel and enjoy fine dining or a club experience poolside.

I highly recommend choosing The Chelsea.

Room Tip: Stay in the Tower if you can.
Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I chose this hotel for the guranteed room with a view. Overall the hotel is okay but not worth the $239 price tag. Stylish decor that you would expect in a "boutique" hotel but needs some attention. Little things like peeling paint, scuffed furniture, fixtures in bathroom not attached to wall etc. My biggest pet peeve was that there was no coffee maker in my room and the ironing board was a tiny, dorm-sized board. The toilet paper holder was missing a piece so the roll would not stay on the holder and had to be placed on the counter. The hooks in shower to hold towel or robe, were not attached to the wall so you could not hang anything. And the H/C plate around the shower handle also was not attached and would spin around when turning the water on or off. The bed was very nice and comfortable and the location was convenient. The hotel caters to a younger, party crowd and as we rode the elevator with an older couple, we all noticed that you could hear the party on numerous floors around the pool floor (5th?), luckily, we were on an upper floor and it was quiet.

New Milford, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

A great hotel when I book this room I asked them if I can get a room with a microwave & fridge they said yes but when I checked in they said that none of the rooms had a microwave I did have a good time the hotel was very nice the staff was very helpful the room was glorious the hotel was very close to the boardwalk I liked that u can get a beach chair & umbrella on the beach word of the wise get to the beach early to get a beach chair & umbrella they go very quick the only other problem I had was when I want to try to order room service they didn't answer the phone so I had to go down stairs & order my food &take up with me they wouldn't bring it up to my room so had to be evaluated for a false alarm fire but other than that I would defently stay here again it was the right price & near the boardwalk their r was a bell hop that was very helpful very nice & his name was Tyrone

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

this is the best hotel in atlantic city! it has no casino but thats just perfect for me. the pool is great and they treat you like royalty the whole time. its a small walk to shopping and casinos but not too bad. i cant wait to return!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family