“Will stay here again” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
Pittsgrove, New Jersey
“Will stay here again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed this past weekend and the hotel was very nice. The bed was comfortable and the room very clean. The lobby was very cute and the staff could not have been nicer. The breakfast in the hotel resterant was delicious. We were meeting friends @ Tropicana and it was only a couple of minutes walk. $10 valet parking (you can come and go as much as you want during your stay), happy hour every night until 8. The water pressure could have been a little better in the shower but other than that no complaints. We stayed on the 17th floor of the Luxe Tower.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
ExecOffice01, Manager at The Chelsea, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear dmet304905,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed the stay along with our casual diner Teplitzky’s. I hope we get to welcome you back real soon!

The Chelsea Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (431)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

WE spent a night here this weekend for some fun. It was a clean, modern hotel in a seedy area. I would have to agree with fellow reviewers that the walls were PAPER thin and I could hear toilets flush, water run, people talk. etc. However, you could hear no street noise and it was relatively quiet in the whee hours of the night. People were respectful. The room was clean, very well appointed and super convenient to all major casinos. Valet parking was quick and efficient as was the staff for check in and check out. We were able to get this hotel on priceline cheap. It was worth the price and convenience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Arnule,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for sharing your experience! I love reading our guests reviews and I am thrilled to see you had a perfect getaway this past weekend.
The south end of Atlantic City where the Chelsea is located, is cleaner and safer; we love our address just steps from the Boardwalk. Next time skip Priceline and we’ll show you the love! Call the hotel reservations line at 1.800.548.3030 – we love repeat guests!

Hope to see you again soon!

El Cajon, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I visited NYC and decide to visit the new AC. My daughter recommended this hotel from a pass trip to AC. she was right it is a nice place to stay. the rooms were perfect, the service was great and the location was the best right next to the beach. I had the best stay in AC.

Room Tip: rooms located in the front of the hotel and side have a pretty good view of the beach.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
ExecOffice01, Manager at The Chelsea, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear Amourflower03,

Thank you, thank you, thank you for writing such a great review on us! We greatly appreciate all the wonderful comments and are happy to see the Chelsea was your best AC stay.

Don’t be a stranger and come see us again real soon!

Delaware, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

The things we do for love- I go to AC for my husband about once per year, and I truly suffer. Unless I am shopping at the outlets or shops, or sitting in one of the casino's newer, trendier bars, I truly suffer. And, that's why he agreed to stay at the Chelsea which is at the very end of the boardwalk, and does not have a casino. I chose the Chelsea because of it's uniqueness, the price and it being a non-smoking hotel. The reviews seem to be mixed; we didn't have any problems during our stay. We drove there and were immediately greeted by the valet who did his job well. The front desk staff were very pleasant and patient with my twenty million questions. The room was adorable- very late 60s to 70s retro but tasteful and done right. The bathroom was huge. Whoever the interior designer was for this hotel had the right idea- they kept to the 60s and 70s themes and decor, but kept to a color scheme that didn't offend. For example the bathroom was white, not avocado green or Pepto Pink. The room had a lot of white and navy in it from what I can remember; not crazy oranges and yellows from the Brady Bunch years.

The only downfall, was that if you want to be in the middle of it all, then you should probably stay at one of the casino hotels, although many of them are quite dated and allow smoking. The Chelsea is also at the very end of the boardwalk so we did have to walk to get to the casinos and other bars. Other than that, we had a pleasant stay, and I would recommend this hotel for those not needing to stay at the typical casino hotel.

Room Tip: The property has both a 'motel' and a 'hotel.' Keep that in mind when booking. If...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
ExecOffice01, Manager at The Chelsea, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear JerzeeeyGirl,

Wow! Thank you for the great review here on TA! Suffer no more and become our frequent guest. We love our location on the South End of the Boardwalk; it’s cleaner, safer and just PERFECT in the summer. Next time your hubby wants to visit AC, message us thru TA and we’ll show YOU the love!

All the best!
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I loved the rooms, they are beautifully decorated and really comfortable. The staff were good, the valet staff was very helpful !

The downside is that the food is passable, its just as pricey but not so good ! And the lounge area is not well decorated, it has wires showing up and old couches.

The hotel is located at one end, Tropicana is just one block but all other hotels is a good walk! So in winters it might be an issue.

So overall for the price of the hotel, I would look more before I stay again!

I bought a livingsocial deal, and the rates that week were actually lower than what I bought :(

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Simi M,

We are glad you found us on Living Social. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We take great pride in our product and the level of service we provide to our guests and are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay!

Next time book directly thru the hotel and we’ll show you the love! 1.800.548.3030

3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

While I have always like staying here, my last visit was not as good as usual. First off, the heater for the jacuzzi/hot tub was broken, so after my massage I could not relax in the spa. Secondly 2 of the 3 elevators were broke! It was awful, people were waiting 15 min for a elevator. ( I was on the 12th floor or I would have walked!) and lastly the shower/tub was broke! After getting into the shower, I realized more water was coming out the spout than out of the shower head. Nothing worse than no water pressure. It was the day before NY eve, so they seemed very busy, maybe it was just too much! Hopefully next time, if there is, will be better.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Hrkulp7,

We are sorry to read of your concerns, it sounds like you had a challenging stay with us. Please message us thru TA as we do believe in making things right.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

I did the Priceline name your own price so I got a really good deal ( I would recommend doing this because otherwise you will not be getting what you pay for )
Ok so the location is ok it's about a block away from the Tropicana which is a plus but the other hotels or should I say motels are mainly around with questionable characters.

The main lobby is beautiful they still had they Christmas tree up and it was really pretty.
As for my floor I didn't like it I was a female by myself and it seemed creepy the decor was like a dark brown and tan something out of the 70's , I would update to brighter colors .
The room : I Looooved the room it was cute and chic and the king size bed was sooo comfy . The bathroom was very nice as well I had read reviews where people complained about no bathtub but it was ok because the shower was awesome. The only complaint I have about the room is that I put the "please clean " door thing up & when I came back it was flipped over for "privacy please" and my room hadn't been cleaned. I doubt another guest did it because I didnt see any other guest the whole stay. Now that I think about it I didn't see any cleaning staff either (no carts nothing)
Staff was friendly ; I only spoke to them when I checked in and out though.

It was a bit annoying that EVERYTHING was closed except the diner I guess , I understand its winter but they could have had the lounge open maybe just do it for weekends during winter months . I was looking forward to happy hour and then the place was closed grrr.

Overall , I enjoyed my stay and would recommend it (not for 120 a night ). I am planning on returning when it gets warmer to get the full The Chelsea experience .

• Stayed January 2013
Dear LovelyK13,

Thank you for reviewing us here on TA. We are pleased you enjoyed the guestroom bed and bathroom. Our location, just steps from the Boardwalk and directly next door to the Tropicana makes it very convenient for everything. We are sorry you missed happy hour in Teplitzky’s as this would have made your stay more enjoyable. We hope you will visit us again when all outlets are open, but the rates will most certainly show a reflection of this.

Skip Priceline next time and book directly thru the hotel, 1.800.548.3030 and we’ll show you the love!

The Chelsea Management Team

Been to The Chelsea? Share your experiences!