“Only if you enjoy noise pollution around the clock” 3 of 5 stars

The Water Club by Borgata
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Atlantic, Atlantic City, NJ 08401   |
Ranked #2 of 61 hotels in Atlantic City
New York City, New York
“Only if you enjoy noise pollution around the clock”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We chose this hotel because we wanted to enjoy a few more warm days at an outdoor pool. The Water Club was supposed to have that. It did have two relatively small pools but the minute I stepped onto the deck I knew why it was called "Club". Loud music came from the many speakers around the pool. There was not one quiet place to escape to. Additionally people were drinking their cocktails and beers in the water which I personally find unhygienic. The indoor pool was also enclosed in music, and there the air condition was set so low that I would not have wanted to lie there in my bathing suit - much too cold. Music in the lobby as well. the rooms were nice, with a generous shower and the view of the bay was spectacular. However, due to the not relaxing atmosphere I would not return.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Joanna M, Guest Relations Manager at The Water Club by Borgata, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Rosenbogen- We’re sorry the atmosphere at pools was not to your liking. We try to match the music to the mood of the crowd and we regret it wasn’t your preference. There are times when it is much quieter and more relaxing and we’re sorry it wasn’t while you were here.

646 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Delray Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

This room was beautiful If I hadn't stayed at Borgata the previous night. It paled in comparison. Décor, length of walk to the casino and restaurants, service, cleaniness. Parking was the best part of the deal. And a little pricey for the inconvenience of moving my room.

Room Tip: Pool looked lovely, had no chance to take advantage of it.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Northern NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I'm afraid I'm going to damage my credibility if I do nothing but complain about Atlantic City but yet keep staying it Casino hotels. As I said in my review of the Golden Nugget last month, I have some extenuating circimstances that require me to be in the AC area, so Mrs. Sulu and I are trying to make the best of it while we're here. This month's staycation brought us to the Water Club. Wow! This is the most non-Atlantic City hotel that I've found so far. No smoking, no gambling, no seedy people milling about the lobby - it was really a nice escape.

Check in was quick and pleasant and we were in our room by 3pm. We did a quick fly by of the facilities on the way up - a nice pool deck area and a beautiful bar area filled with trees and capped off by a 8 foot linear fireplace. We would spend a fair amount of time in both these spots in the next two days but we moved forward to check out our room. We reserved a VISTA room (King) and were checked in to a corner room on the top floor. Two GIANT windows on each wall with as great a view as you can get in AC (sorry love the hotel, but not the area). There was a good size "couch" in front of the windows as well that made a great place to sit and look out on the world (once it got dark). Room was very clean and felt relatively new, fridge, safe, big desk, big flat screen TV. All the basics you would expect from an upscale hotel. The bedding was great as well. The mattress was supportive, sheets were soft and the feather pillows were big but not overstuffed to the point of giving you a stiff neck in the morning. The only thing missing, ironically enough, was water. Not a single bottle to be found anywhere in the room. On to the bathroom. Very big room with a door to separate the toilet from the rest of the bathroom. Oversized glass walled shower had a tiled bench inside as well as a rain shower head with a mounted hand held sprayer as a supplement. It was great! Good pressure and an overall very positive shower experience (a hot button of mine). A very competent blow dryer was provided as well. Very classy and comfortable, but not overdone.

The gym is very nice as well. It's on an upper floor and you look out the windows while you treadmill or elliptical yourself through your workout. They told us threre was a $10 charge per person to use the gym but there was no attendant there during our hour+ so we incurred no charges.

Spend a couple of our nights in the bar (The Sunroom). It's a very cool mix of water, fire and lots of vegetation. It was a fanastic place to get lost in a few glasses of Cabernet to wrap up the evening.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

The water club of borgata has elegant rooms and has a spectacular beach view. The rooms are nicely decorated and has beautiful bathrooms! The linens in the room are very comfortable and the lighting is very subdued and very soothing to eyes! Crew are nice and the lobby with the shopping area is awesome. There's snack places at the lobby area and the landscaping is very refreshing. Just a little walk and u can avail of the cheap buffet at the casino area and it is by far my favorite buffet in atlantic city either breakfast,lunch or dinner. It is also the best place to celebrate occasions because of the ambience and food that they have! There are other choices of restaurants and they have a good dj at the club murmur! There's only one thing i dislike the "smell of smoke" at the casino floor other than that I highly recommend this place!

• Stayed August 2013
Hamilton,NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I saw Steve Aoki at Mur Mur for my brother's bday which was a very good time. The club was filled with a cool crowd, no punks and friendly attractive girls. The casino offers a variety of table games. The dealers and cocktail waitresses provided excellent service. I love the modern and contemporary design of the water club. The room was very clean and matched the same great design as the rest of the hotel with comfy beds. A very high end, upscale environment overall.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Ridgewood, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Not much of an A/C person, we went to see a concert at the Borgata. The Water Club was great - the room was lovely, the check in was easy and the parking was extremely reasonable and well organized. I would stay again, should I have to be in A/C for another event.

Room Tip: Stay by the elevator
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Levittown, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Went right to the outdoor pool as soon as we checked in. Lovely warm water (89 F), Plenty of lounge chairs and towels. Next day outdoor was closed so we swam indoors. They have hot tubs and cold plunge. Not too much chlorine. Third morning swam after breakfast in the outdoor before checking out. Great marble sit down shower with rain head/ handheld. We love the water at the waterclub. Enjoyed comedy in the Music Box Theater. Buffet breafast was $20 pp after tax and tip. Really liked the nova salmon, brought some for the omeltte man to cook with onion in my omlette. Wife loves the pastries and whipped cream for the waffles/pancakes. The chicken sausage has a lovely maple flavor.

Room Tip: High floors facing the Marina have better view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Water Club by Borgata? Share your experiences!