“Quiet and good view” 4 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Atlantic, Atlantic City, NJ 08401   |
Ranked #2 of 57 Hotels in Atlantic City
“Quiet and good view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night here, Valentine's Day, with our children. Easy check-in considering it was Valentine's Day. We loved that it was more low-key here, probably because the casino was not in this building. Valet service here was excellent. The room was comfortable with a great view of Brigantine. Just a few negatives: not enough lighting. You'd expect better lighting in the bathroom. My teenage daughters and I resorted to applying our makeup sitting on the bed in front of the mirror on the wall. Which, by the way, could use some damp dusting. It was pretty noticiable and of course I had to run my finger across it. And when our luggage was brought to the room, we were given an informative and warm greeting. They asked if we needed anything so we asked for a couple more towels. Unfortunately they never brought them.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Point Pleasant, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We recently stayed at the Water Club for the first time in a while. This is Borgata's attempt to create a separate hotel feeling and that is achieved. In my opinion, it doesn't seem to be worth more money if you are solely there to gamble. If you are looking for that vacation feel they have a very nice outdoor pool area and separate lobby that is setback a bit from the casino craziness.(weekends are very busy) Rooms are nice. Mini-bar isn't enclosed so it is very tempting to grab something, kind of an interesting business strategy. As usual, it was clean and modern. Borgata's Casino still beats all other casinos in AC!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Gibbsboro, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Just came back from 2 nights at the Water Club at the Borgata. We booked the Water Club for this trip because we had previously stayed at the Borgata and really enjoyed it. The website spoke of the panoramic water views in the Vista Rooms, but what they don't tell you is your view is of the mud flats and the bay. The room itself was beautiful, however, the bed was the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept in, or should I say tried to sleep in. Neither my husband or I slept very much the first night because it was so uncomfortable. The pillows were awful, they flattened down like pancakes. The room was very dimly lit. The bathroom was large and had a very nice shower, however, it too was dimly lit. So much so that I had to unplug a lamp from the bedroom and carry it to the bathroom so I could see well enough to style my hair and do my makeup. Also I was shocked that there was no exhaust fan in the bathroom. The glass classes in the bathroom did not have plastic or cardboard covers over them to keep dust and germs out. I personally would prefer a sealed plastic cup so I know it is clean and sterile. The staff were all very nice and accomodating, except when we called to request some toothpaste we had forgotten, they sent up a single dental kit, which contained the smallest tube of toothpaste I have ever seen. It was just barely enough for one day. You would have thought knowing there were 2 of us, they would have sent 2 kits and given the price of the room, I don't think a normal travel size tube of toothpaste would have been too much to ask for. My husband made a cup of coffee in the room and said it was the worst coffee he had ever tasted. He couldn't even drink it. . Overall we had a nice time, but if we go back again, I would stay at the Borgata over the Water Club because the rooms at the Borgata were just as nice, had better lighting and were overall a better value in my opinion.

Room Tip: Ask if your view is bay or ocean.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
BorgataJoanna, Guest Relations Manager at The Water Club by Borgata, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
C M- I am sorry you were not more comfortable in your Vista Room at The Water Club. Please know that your review was shared with our management team. They will do their best to try and improve on the areas you mentioned. We look forward to welcoming you back to Borgata anytime!
NEW JERSEY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

I Love the Borgata Hotel and its restaurants! The NOW noodle bar is a fresh and quick way to dine. Our room had some flat pillows and some dusty decorative leather pillows. The over all room quality was nice. The views were great! Room services are a little pricey but they are fast and good quality.

• Stayed February 2013
New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Recently stayed at the Water Club. Both Borgota and Water Club are simply the best. There is no excuse for any of the other casino hotels to question why they are not doing well. Professional staff. Great Training. NO surprises at check in. Everyone there starting from the Valet at Parking to the houskeeper and Room service staff is awsome. Food that we ordered for breakfast was delicious and reasonable for the amount you get. It was quick and hot. We even won in the casino. It is nice to win and of course we gave some back so everyone wins.

Room Tip: They are all nice but I prefer the higher floors and the city view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Stayed one night at borgata and one night at waterclub yet the waterclub was new, modern, clean, beautiful, and very close to the poker room!!! The room was very clean, shower was fantastic and restaurant directly in the waterclub was beautiful!! The pool indoors is extremly relaxing, and you must be,over 18 which is great for the adults.

• Stayed December 2012
Altoona, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

My wife and I travel often to atlantic city and always try to stay at the Borgata or the water club. There are no finer accomodations or style in AC. The Borgata has it all and has all the action one can want. The Borgatas sister hotel as i call it the Water Club continues the Borgata excellence. The rooms are large and nicely appointed and it is a short walk from the water club to the casino and all that the Borgata has to offer. We have tried the newer Revel which is magnificent in its enormity and its "newness" but found it to be somewhat antiseptic and it is for those who are not aware a totally non-smoking property. We have also visited other casinos in ac the Showboat, Golden Nugget, Trumps (2 places) and the newly mohegan sun aquired property Resorts casino and none compare to the Borgata and it is truly not even close. Comps are a little tighter at the Borgata lately but room comps are given away like candy. Recently went for a quick two night stay at the Borgata itself and extended it two nights comped at the Water club. It is a 5 hour trip for us to AC but for the borgatas class and style it is worth it. The buffet is awesome and of course fine dining is at the location as well from Italian to Bobby Flays steakhouse options abound. Entertainment is top notch and most of the staff at the Borgata are friendly and helpful. If you are headed to AC and want a place that has class, style and all the excitement of a vegas Casino the Borgata and or the Water Club is the place to stay. There may be newer hotels and casinos but none match The Borgata, period. Enjoy and good luck, they boast the loosest slots in AC.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Water Club by Borgata? Share your experiences!