“never again.” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 61 hotels in Atlantic City
nyc
“never again.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

visited the water club for the last time on 12/23. every year we celebrate our anniversary in A/C and this is the last time for us at the water club. we have stayed there and the borgata at least 5 years in a row and this was the most awful experience. we were told to check in early to get the higher floor rooms facing the water and of course the room wasn't ready although the hotel was empty on xmas eve at 1:00. I asked lisa at check in if she could request a rush on it as it was our anniversary(44) years and she said no, check-in was 4:00 to try back in 1 hour. after 1 hour still not ready. after waiting for another hour I asked another clerk who said he would put a rush on the room. after 30 min. he placed us in a similar room several floors lower.
Here is where the nightmare begins. that night a family with two small children( one a baby) had a party until 1:00 am and then the baby screamed all night. I reported it twice at 2am. nothing was done. we decided to check out the following morning as we were exhausted after not sleeping all night. we asked for a credit on the room and they only offered to not charge us for the second night of our reservation as we were leaving. after checking out the manager offered us a suite. too late. In summary I chose the water club as it has no facilities for families. however since they do allow small children why put them next to couples in an empty hotel. No one else was even on our floor!!!!!! good hotels allow certain floors for families so as not to disturb adult guests. in short, don't go here to celebrate anything. they really don't care about you unless you are a big gambler.

Room Tip: just don't go . try revel instead.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

624 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

There is something to be said for being able to retreat to the tranquility of The Water Club after a long night in the bustling restaurants, shops, & casino of the Borgata. The minute you walk through the atrium into the lobby, you feel like you can breathe again. The Water Club is a very nice place to stay if you find yourself in Atlantic City. Check-in was seamless, the rooms are comfortable, and the Sunroom lounge is a great place for drinks and snacks. I had an excellent massage at the spa though the women's area needs updating and cleaning. The grout in the hot tub was grimy and the paint on the ceiling was peeling. Overall though, I had a very nice stay and would go again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

My recent stay at the Water Club has convinced me that there is no place like Vegas! The Water Club is overpriced, over rated and under whelming!! When we checked in there were gum wrappers on the floor and they remained there for the entire weekend. The maid missed them on 3 occasions After we called about it . Secondly the towels we were given had gaping holes in them (I have pictures) and when we complained the cleaning manager was very nonchalant and as a consolation offered us a late check out. REALLY!!! I expect this type of service at a Motel 6 but the Water Club. Also the pool area does not offer food or drink during the month of December!! I guess people are not hungry during December!! The Water Club is not worth it anymore. The service used to be top notch and the clientele upscale but now very suspect on both fronts. Save your money fly to Vegas and stay at the Encore or the Wynn!

• Stayed December 2012
New York, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Comparable to the regular Borgata room but a little "newer". Same setup, separate water closet aka toilet, glass door shower (has rainfall shower head plus regular one). Nice sink and the same Lather toiletries. For some reason the walls seem thinner in the wee hours of the a morning but at night it's fine. Do not get a room by the elevator we were in a room --85) We got free rooms so didn't care but if I had paid for it I would have been pissed. You can hear the whirring of the uber fast elevators thru the walls though very faint- I can still hear it! The lobby pools are just as pictured but really small, so is the lounge chair area surrounding it (lobby pool free to Water Club hotel guests). Even Checked out the pools in the spa (not free btw, only allowed access if you have spa treatment or pay for access) and just as pictured but small as well.

Would I choose Water Club over Borgata? Not necessarily. The only pros I saw were the practically non existent check in line (there's always a line at the Borgata check in) and the fewer guests.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here last winter when I was able to get a good deal on a room. Room was amazing. The bed, the linens, the bathroom, great towels, soft fluffy robes, and great water view. I would absolutely stay here again. It's pricey so I would wait until I found a deal. Borgota casino and restaurants are amazing as well. It's not on the AC strip so if you want to go over you would have to take a cab.

• Stayed December 2011
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We did not stay over-night but visited guests of the hotel who were celebrating their tenth anniversary. Unlike some of the older, "tired" hotels in the city, the room at The Water Club was very clean and modern. The service is friendly and the atomosphere is chic and inviting. The rooms appear to be very well kept, with comfortable beds, and a really spacious spa-esque marble shower with a waterfall shower head. I would definitely stay over.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
near D.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I was upgraded to the Water Club when I went to check in ;)
The room was elegant. The decorating superb. The bed was so comfortable, that I slept like a baby. I do wish the check-out was noon, would be the only thing I have to say that was negative. A beautiful perfect hotel amongst so many lesser casinos in AC. The Water Club and the newest hotel on the boardwalk are in a class of their own, and of course the Borgata.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Water Club by Borgata? Share your experiences!