“The Water Club is not what it used to be!!” 2 of 5 stars

You added The Water Club by Borgata to your Saves list
The Water Club by Borgata
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Atlantic, Atlantic City, NJ 08401   |
Ranked #2 of 61 hotels in Atlantic City
“The Water Club is not what it used to be!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

My recent stay at the Water Club has convinced me that there is no place like Vegas! The Water Club is overpriced, over rated and under whelming!! When we checked in there were gum wrappers on the floor and they remained there for the entire weekend. The maid missed them on 3 occasions After we called about it . Secondly the towels we were given had gaping holes in them (I have pictures) and when we complained the cleaning manager was very nonchalant and as a consolation offered us a late check out. REALLY!!! I expect this type of service at a Motel 6 but the Water Club. Also the pool area does not offer food or drink during the month of December!! I guess people are not hungry during December!! The Water Club is not worth it anymore. The service used to be top notch and the clientele upscale but now very suspect on both fronts. Save your money fly to Vegas and stay at the Encore or the Wynn!

• Stayed December 2012

651 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
New York, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Comparable to the regular Borgata room but a little "newer". Same setup, separate water closet aka toilet, glass door shower (has rainfall shower head plus regular one). Nice sink and the same Lather toiletries. For some reason the walls seem thinner in the wee hours of the a morning but at night it's fine. Do not get a room by the elevator we were in a room --85) We got free rooms so didn't care but if I had paid for it I would have been pissed. You can hear the whirring of the uber fast elevators thru the walls though very faint- I can still hear it! The lobby pools are just as pictured but really small, so is the lounge chair area surrounding it (lobby pool free to Water Club hotel guests). Even Checked out the pools in the spa (not free btw, only allowed access if you have spa treatment or pay for access) and just as pictured but small as well.

Would I choose Water Club over Borgata? Not necessarily. The only pros I saw were the practically non existent check in line (there's always a line at the Borgata check in) and the fewer guests.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here last winter when I was able to get a good deal on a room. Room was amazing. The bed, the linens, the bathroom, great towels, soft fluffy robes, and great water view. I would absolutely stay here again. It's pricey so I would wait until I found a deal. Borgota casino and restaurants are amazing as well. It's not on the AC strip so if you want to go over you would have to take a cab.

• Stayed December 2011
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We did not stay over-night but visited guests of the hotel who were celebrating their tenth anniversary. Unlike some of the older, "tired" hotels in the city, the room at The Water Club was very clean and modern. The service is friendly and the atomosphere is chic and inviting. The rooms appear to be very well kept, with comfortable beds, and a really spacious spa-esque marble shower with a waterfall shower head. I would definitely stay over.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
near D.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I was upgraded to the Water Club when I went to check in ;)
The room was elegant. The decorating superb. The bed was so comfortable, that I slept like a baby. I do wish the check-out was noon, would be the only thing I have to say that was negative. A beautiful perfect hotel amongst so many lesser casinos in AC. The Water Club and the newest hotel on the boardwalk are in a class of their own, and of course the Borgata.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Old Tappan, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We usually stay in the Borgata rooms but had an opportunity to stay at the Water Club so we booked it. It was very crowded checking in, but the lines moved pretty quickly and we were up in our room before check in time! The rooms are similar in size to the Borgata and the bathroom was pretty much the same, maybe some faucet fixtures were upgraded. All very clean and newer. The beds and bedding were very comfortable.

For a casino, I always feel very safe at this property. The hallways and elevators feel secure. The overall decor is modern and clean. The shops downstairs are very upscale.

This is a great get away and you'll love "sleeping in" at The Water Club!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

For Valentines day two years ago, me and my boyfriend took a weekend trip to the water club in the Borgata. It was an amazing weekend. We wanted to go that weekend mainly because Aaron Lewis from Staind was performing. We decided to stay an extra night and made a whole weekend out of it. Of course it was fun gambling. The food was great, I forget what the restaurant was that we went to , but it was a steak restaurant and it was delicious. The room was big and pretty and clean. We had a corner room so we had two views. One being the Borgata side of the hotel which at night was lit up in purple and beautiful, and the other was the water and other hotels and at night when everything was lit up was really pretty! For some reason we never used the pools or anything but they looked really nice. There are so many shops and little cafe's and restaurants in this place. Its huge. And just really pretty. We cant wait to go back. We are hoping for this coming February!
We traveled two February's ago.

Room Tip: A higher room so you get the views!