“Beautiful and luxurious!” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Atlantic, Atlantic City, NJ 08401   |
Ranked #3 of 61 hotels in Atlantic City
“Beautiful and luxurious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here last winter when I was able to get a good deal on a room. Room was amazing. The bed, the linens, the bathroom, great towels, soft fluffy robes, and great water view. I would absolutely stay here again. It's pricey so I would wait until I found a deal. Borgota casino and restaurants are amazing as well. It's not on the AC strip so if you want to go over you would have to take a cab.

• Stayed December 2011

626 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We did not stay over-night but visited guests of the hotel who were celebrating their tenth anniversary. Unlike some of the older, "tired" hotels in the city, the room at The Water Club was very clean and modern. The service is friendly and the atomosphere is chic and inviting. The rooms appear to be very well kept, with comfortable beds, and a really spacious spa-esque marble shower with a waterfall shower head. I would definitely stay over.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
near D.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I was upgraded to the Water Club when I went to check in ;)
The room was elegant. The decorating superb. The bed was so comfortable, that I slept like a baby. I do wish the check-out was noon, would be the only thing I have to say that was negative. A beautiful perfect hotel amongst so many lesser casinos in AC. The Water Club and the newest hotel on the boardwalk are in a class of their own, and of course the Borgata.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Old Tappan, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We usually stay in the Borgata rooms but had an opportunity to stay at the Water Club so we booked it. It was very crowded checking in, but the lines moved pretty quickly and we were up in our room before check in time! The rooms are similar in size to the Borgata and the bathroom was pretty much the same, maybe some faucet fixtures were upgraded. All very clean and newer. The beds and bedding were very comfortable.

For a casino, I always feel very safe at this property. The hallways and elevators feel secure. The overall decor is modern and clean. The shops downstairs are very upscale.

This is a great get away and you'll love "sleeping in" at The Water Club!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

For Valentines day two years ago, me and my boyfriend took a weekend trip to the water club in the Borgata. It was an amazing weekend. We wanted to go that weekend mainly because Aaron Lewis from Staind was performing. We decided to stay an extra night and made a whole weekend out of it. Of course it was fun gambling. The food was great, I forget what the restaurant was that we went to , but it was a steak restaurant and it was delicious. The room was big and pretty and clean. We had a corner room so we had two views. One being the Borgata side of the hotel which at night was lit up in purple and beautiful, and the other was the water and other hotels and at night when everything was lit up was really pretty! For some reason we never used the pools or anything but they looked really nice. There are so many shops and little cafe's and restaurants in this place. Its huge. And just really pretty. We cant wait to go back. We are hoping for this coming February!
We traveled two February's ago.

Room Tip: A higher room so you get the views!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
NEW JERSEY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Pros: We had a corner room on floor 25. Room 2596. The view was amazing we had actually two different views because we were in the corner. The room was huge with upscale amenities. The bed was plush and comfy. The decor was beautiful. I loved the bathroom shower. If you don't want to pay top dollars for the snacks don't touch because they along with the fridge has a timed sensor if touched more than 2 seconds or so you bought it.lol. We checked in on Sunday about 4:45 then we went to the pool area which was nice and got in the juccuzzi on the main floor. I wish we would've booked a spa treatment because the prices was affordable. We valet our car which was 10 a day but when we checked out since we had the rewards card it was only 5. Everyone was extremely pleasant to us. Once your in you don't have to leave just go over to the borgata for different restaurants or gambling or shows. We ate at the buffet which was great.

Cons...What we didn't like was they nickel and dime you for everything. The Internet was not free. You are not allowed to use the refrigerator with your own things. The bar at the pool was closed so we had to go out of that area with our swimwear on if we wanted a drink. Check in at 5pm but check out is at 11am. Housekeeping knocked on my door at 8:30 am on check out day. Then they were waiting at my door at 11 waiting for us to leave. It takes at least an half hr to get your car. The pool area close at 7 when check in was 5. I just felt like I was rushed and didn't get my money worth.

I would stay here again in a heart beat. I loved the view!

Room Tip: If you come earlier than check in time go to the pool area to relax in the pool or on the lounge cha...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

The Water Club is my all-time favorite hotel. The staff is very helpful, the lobby and it's music tell you right away that you are being transported from daily worries to a place where you can be pampered and truly relax.
The view from the top rooms is phenomenal and can also be found at the pool in the spa.
The flat screen greets you with your name as you enter the room, the beds are so comfortable that I didn't want to get out and the desk offered a perfect place from which to use your computer (assuming you want to stay connected to the world!) The bathroom is large and the shower delightful. Robes are provided free of charge and are plush and comfy.
The main pool was nice although the room temperature was a bit cooler than I would have liked. It was beautiful with plants, trees, and a bit of water that sprinkles down, reminiscent of a rain shower. There are towels on the chairs when you arrive, another nice touch.
The spa was very soothing. I took advantage of a Swedish Massage special and the luxuries included. Private his/hers hot tubs that looked out over the water; lots of fresh water, fruit, and nuts; and use of the long pool with lounge chairs and a uni-sex hot tub.
The casino is nice, my problem is that the smoke permeates the Casino and more. Smokers smoked in the non-smoking sections as well. Perhaps better air filters or another adjustment could be made to make this hotel truly terrific!

Room Tip: the higher the floor, the better the view
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Water Club by Borgata? Share your experiences!