We made our reservation arriving on Saturday early morning, we are traveling with 3 kids (5 years 1, 11 months 2) we specific asked for an early check in. We arrived late due to a plane delay at 4:00 pm and the cabaña was not ready, after 1 and a half hours making the check in we finally got our room, but it was not the reserved one. They apologize and offer us a room at the main building, we accepted it as they told us we would receive the other one on the next day. I have to say the tried to compensate leaving some fruits plates at the room, but as soon as we wanted to put to sleep our older daughter we saw that the sheets were dirty.
On Sunday morning they told us we could change room at noon, but then at 2:00 pm we were informed that the room was not ready as the guests that were in the room asked for a late check out. So they gave us a different Cabaña, at 4:00pm I just asked if the cribs were already in place and always the information was yes sir. As soon as I stepped into the cabaña I saw that this information was wrong again. Also that cabaña was really dark and with only 1 light bulb in each room. So again to the front desk. They finally manage to give us an other cabaña, and we were able to unpack and begin our vacation after 27 hours i the hotel.
We presented the case to the hotel Manager, and we never received an apologize from him, he just sent the staff, but never talked to us about the problem. I can assure you they have an excellent staff, but the hotel is very mismanaged by the general Manager.
They are supposed to be a hotel with activities for the family, but forget about that on Monday, they do not have staff at the beach on Monday´s and they close one of the pools on Monday too.
But this was not the worst.On our last day our 5 year old daughter got sick, the hotel called the doctor and she was intoxicated due to something she had eaten at the restaurant. We called again the General Manager to talk with him about what happen and he never came to us. No explanation. He was very busy organizing a convention for a pharmaceutical company.
So before choosing this hotel for a family trip ask if they have a convention at the same time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the region’s most important touristic corridor. Estelar Santamar is beachfront hotel located in Pozos Colorados, the safest and cleanest beaches. Santamar is the perfect scenario for conventions and family leisure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Estelar Santamar Hotel & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Estelar Santamar Hotel And Convention Center
- Estelar Santamar Hotel Santa Marta
- Santamar Hotel
- Estelar Santamar Santa Marta