“Friendly and helpful staff make this hotel a cut above” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa de Isabella, a Kali Hotel

Save Saved
You added Casa de Isabella, a Kali Hotel to your Saves list
Casa de Isabella, a Kali Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Carrera 2 N. 19-20 | Centro, Santa Marta, Colombia (Formerly Casa de Isabella Hotel Boutique)   |
Special Offer
Free Airport Pickup!
Ranked #1 of 54 hotels in Santa Marta
Tottenham
“Friendly and helpful staff make this hotel a cut above”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Some of the best customer service I have encountered. Rooms are clean and comfortable, location is excellent. Quiet but close to the action.
On the down side, breakfast could be improved upon. Adequate, but not on par with the high quality of the rest of the hotel. Otherwise everything was first class.

• Stayed April 2013
brian_sutcliffe, Owner at Casa de Isabella, a Kali Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Laurene thank you for the great review. We are always trying to improve and I would lie to hear from you regarding how we might improve breakfast. We really have relied a great deal on guest feedback. We currently grow and farm all our ingredients at Villa Maria from the eggs to the fruits. I look forward to hearing from you and also when you return. Thanks again for the great review.

290 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Polish first
Cartagena, Colombia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

if i had to describe my experience in one word, casa de isabella feels like HOME, not only the service is excellent but the locations couldn't be better,it's the perfect example of Santa Marta's worldwide touristic potential, walking in to this beautiful boutique hotel takes me back to Garcia Marquez short stories books,it feels safe and adventurous, there is romance and mystery in every corner of this exclusive but accessible take of paradise...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Wow what a great review! Thanks and it is the feeling we were trying for as each hotel as it's distinct "Feel".

We look forward to you return and remember to book direct with us for the best rates.
Paris
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Returning from beautiful Parque Tayrona, that I was really sad to leave, I spent one night in "Casa de Isabella" before going back to Bogota. The staff was very welcoming and helpful (one of the employee even spoke French wich was really nice!). I really enjoyed the tamarind juice they offerd me when I first arrived at the hotel (from the tamarind tree of the hotel!). The room was very clean, nicely decorated and I really appreciated the loan of IPads, the free international phone calls, the VOD... And the terrace and the pool were really enjoyable after a long day of travel in the heat!
The only minor down side is that the room I had on the ground floor was a little noisy especially in the morning.
Breakfast was excellent, it's nice to have different choices. I tried the "Cayeye" a local speciality I had never heard of before.
The proximity of parque Los Novios offers different nice dining options.
I had a very pleasant stay for a very affordable price and I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you so much for this wonderful review. We try to offer as much as we can into a great price. We hope you can book direct with us when you return for the best prices and specials. Operating small hotels requires a tight profit margin and booking directly with us saves all of us as you will get the best price and we avoid booking charges.
Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

My husband and I recently spent a night here on our honeymoon in Colombia. We were only in Santa Marta as a jumping off point for Tayrona, but we were pleasantly surprised at how much we enjoyed Santa Marta. The seafood was amazing and Plaza de los Novios provided a wonderful evening. Casa de Isabella certainly did not disappoint. Our room was nicely decorated and the decor of the hotel was lovely. The breakfast choices were very nice (we had a local option that we didn't find anywhere else in Colombia), and we really enjoyed eating on the terrace. We didn't get into the pool, but it did look inviting. The hotel truly looks like the pictures posted on Trip Advisor. We easily walked everywhere from the hotel, and safety was never an issue. The staff were very helpful and assisted us with transportation to Tayrona. After an evening out, we returned to our welcoming hotel and had a drink at the bar there. The bartender was very nice and we had a great conversation with him. If returning to Santa Marta, without a doubt I would stay at Casa de Isabella.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
brian_sutcliffe, Owner at Casa de Isabella, a Kali Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you so much for the onderful review. We look forward to when you do decide to return. Remember to book direct with us for best prices and freebies like free airport pickup on stays of 2 nights or more.
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Although the neighborhood surrounding Casa De Isabella is not exactly an attractive sight to tourists, the place itself is another story. Once you pass its main gates (closed to the public) you enter into another entire atmosphere accentuated by a mix of colonial architecture and middle- eastern decorations and ambience. The service is courteous and friendly and the staff caters to you every need. The rooms are decorated in a simple but yet exquisite manner and style and the addition of Apple-TV is indeed a nice complement to the room. The breakfast which is included in the stay has a very diverse menu that includes everything from American breakfast to typical delicacies of the region. In contrast to many other establishments, all of the rooms at Casa De Isabella are located in the rear and away from all of the street noise.
Casa de Isabella is centrally located and many attractions are within walking distance including ‘Parque de los Novios’ – Lover’s Park. This is the best place for dinning. The bay and the beach are also nearby although ‘El Rodadero’ (30 min. by bus) would be a better place to go and relax by the beach. Overall, our stay at Casa de Isabella was a very pleasant one.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
brian_sutcliffe, Owner at Casa de Isabella, a Kali Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for the great review. The location for Casa de Isabella is why we purchased the property back in 2008. We felt it was a perfect mid-point to Rodadero and Tanganga and offer a quicker access to Tayrona. We felt the historic center has by far the best restuarants in the area all within a few minutes walk during the evening. Also the renassiance of el centro continues as it approachs it's 500 year birthday (founded 1525). Really look forward to your return and remember to book direct to get our best rates.
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I stayed at this beautiful hotel for 6 nights in July 2013.
Upon arrival and through our stay the service was always polite and personalised this was very innovative and excellent.
Everything was perfect at and within this hotel. Standards are very high and this was evident among the staff.
The location of the hotel is very centralised and in a very quiet secure neighbourhood. It is also very close to some of the best restaurants in Santa Marta. It is also in close proximity for transport to the main attractions of Santa Marta. I would advise travellers to ask the reception for their reccommendations with regard to attractions and transport within Santa Marta.

Overall, I am certain that i will stay at this hotel in the near future.

Room Tip: Go straight to the Hotel Casa de Isabella website and view the rooms and rates. The website is perfe...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
brian_sutcliffe, Owner at Casa de Isabella, a Kali Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for this wonderful review and also mentioning about direct booking. We are trying to encourage all our guests to book directly so please email hotel with any questions about direct booking or discounts.
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

I loved my room. The location in Santa Marta was good but just be aware that there is no nice beach in Santa Marta. The staff were great, spoke English and seemed attentative. The breakfast was ok with a few options. The pool is very small (not much of a pool) but ok for a dip. I really, really liked the room!

My only complaint was that I booked a night after my Taryona trip and when I arrived at the hotel (tired, needing a shower, and a dip in the pool which I was quite looking forward to), they gave away my reservation! Even after promising me the exact room and even though my luggage was all stored there. I was very dissapointed as it took almost an hour to sort it all out but they did help me move to their other hotel, brought my bags for me, offered me a complimentary drink and made sure I was satisfied. Just make sure you pay for a room before if you want them to hold your reservation (even if they don't ask you to).

• Stayed July 2013
brian_sutcliffe, Owner at Casa de Isabella, a Kali Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you for this great review! I am investigating the room change issue. Since we are a small hotel occupancy has huge impacts on us being proofitable or not. When we have a staggered stay we need to view it as 2 separate reservations as we have difficulty selling one night in a vacant room. However if we can move the reutnr night to another room we can then oganize a stay for another guest logistically. However if a guest requests a specific room we ALWAYS respect this request if it is already reserved. Thus protocol was not followed and I will investigate today. I apologise for this and am happy we met you expectations otherwise and we need to correct the room change issue. Thanks!

Been to Casa de Isabella, a Kali Hotel? Share your experiences!