Recently finished up from 3 night here and overall Hotel Casablanca is a great place to stay in San Andres.
- location: it is located right in the main town in San Andres with a nice beach right across the street and shops/stores/restaurants all around
- rooms. our room was large, clean, and modern
- amenities: there is a really nice pool with outdoor showers as well as a great free breakfast buffet (coffee is fantastic!)
Not as good.
- shower: while the shower pressure was great with a nice rain showerhead (as well as a large shower), we only had hot water for one shower over 3 days. Not that big of a deal, but would have been nice.
- bilingual staff: it would have been nice if the staff would have spoken english as our spanish is pretty poor. One of the bartenders spoke english but he was the only one we could find. Granted, the vast majority of tourists here are from South America and speak spanish, so it is understandable.
- wifi: once again, not a major issue, but wifi did not work at all in our rooms - we had to go down to the lobby to get a signal
Overall, a very solid hotel at a reasonable price. San Andres is a beautiful place to visit, especially if you want to get away from the popular American spots (we were the only Americans we saw down here).
Sidenote - if you have the time, definitely head to Providencia for a few days! It is a smaller, more tranquil island than San Andres.