“They did all they could” 4 of 5 stars

San Andres Noblehouse Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Av. Colon No. 3-80, San Andres Island 102, Colombia   |
Ranked #4 of 36 hotels in San Andres Island
Medellin, Colombia
“They did all they could”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I just returned from San Andres. I was originally staying at a apartment that fell through. All that was left in high season was here. I was upset that it neither had a pool or beach front. But I got to say I liked it. Front desk was always very very nice. The guy at night and women in morning so pleasant. Free breakfast was better then most I ever had. Rooms were small but ok. Fridge, LCD TV, good AC. In fact to good. Had to get it just right not to freeze. Centrally located. Beach was only two blocks. All my ATM's and restaurants I like right there. My favorite night club on 6th floor two blocks away. I had a problem with rate and they actually listened and ruled in my favor. That never happens to me.

Room Tip: Do the snorkeling tour with manarays. Go into the aquarium hotel. On left is activities office 120...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
SAINOBLE, Manager at San Andres Noblehouse Hotel, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
In the name of all teh San Andres Noblehouse Staff we really aprecciate your review we do our best to make feel the better posible our guest. we look foward to have you as our guest and give us the change to treat you oce again, as you deserve.
Best regards

167 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
West Vancouver
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

This island was recommended to us by Colombian friends and I do not know what they were thinking. Everything is expensive, the restaurants are disgusting fast food places, the streets and beaches are dirty, full of stray dogs. The town is full of crappy stores selling suitcases, perfumes and electronics. Many stores are empty. The weather is frequently rainy and lots of wind. I do not know why anyone comes here at all, there are so many really nice beaches in Central America and Mexico.
The hotels are pricey for what you get. What a dump. We spent 4 nights in November 2012 and could not wait to get out of here - worst place we have ever been. The hotel people were nice and tried hard to accommodate us. This place has pseudo-Middle Eastern decor - what's up with that? I am normally a pretty low maintenance traveler - but this place is just not good value. One block from the dirty beach, with total lack of charm. My recommendation: Avoid the whole island - it needs some serious repairs and maintenance.

Room Tip: all rooms are super noisy - bring ear plugs if you like to sleep
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
SAINOBLE, Manager at San Andres Noblehouse Hotel, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
We are so sorry you feel this way, all your coments we take in count to improve our service and the Island.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We stayed at the Noblehouse for a couple of nights. And it was good enough to recommend it, if you want to stay there a night or two, and for the price. It's located near in the "downtown" area, with a few restaurants around. It's not over the beach and the one near, is not really nice.

If you like to stay out most of the day, on excursions or on the beach it's a good choice. But certainly is not for spending many hours there.

The people were really nice and the breakfast was good enough.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much to make a review, all the coments are so important for us , it help us to improve and we appreciate it. thanks again for your visit, you are so welcome back.
Berkeley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We really enjoyed our 5 night stay at the Noblehouse Hotel. The staff members are extremely accommodating and very friendly. Our room was comfortable, and the balcony provided us an opportunity to relax outside and watch the on-goings of the street below. We had a mini-fridge in our room thatncerainly came in handy Great location, only a short block from the beach, right in the commercial center of town. The included breakfast was good and included fruit, toast, eggs, pastries, juice, and coffee. If you are looking for lodging outside of the all-inclusive sphere, this may be your place - nicer than the typical hostel but not outrageously priced like some higher end hotels. The hotel can set up many activities for guests, such as diving and boat trips to Johnny Cay. I will stay here again on my next trip to San Andres.

Room Tip: If noise from the street hinders your sleep, ask for a non-street side room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

To be fair, this is a decent Hotel but the ranking here is too high. It is NOT on the beach and it is only a one and half star hotel. The owners are very nice yes but do you pay for nice? The whole island has gotten too expensive for Canadians, Americans and Europeans over the last 6 years. There are better Caribbean Islands, Hawaii and Mexico than is San Andres right now for the prices being charged! Just my opinion. You decide!

Room Tip: Not on the beach but only a few blocks away! For the price you get a beachfront resort in cancun or...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
New York, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

I spent a few comfortable days at the San Andres Noblehouse in San Andres town, Colombia in March 2012. The staff was very adaptable to give me a room with windows and balcony upon my request. Upon inspecting the bathroom I noticed hair in the shower which is absolutely unacceptable to me but when I notified the receptionist, the problem was immediately cleared. Unfortunately, upon taking a hot shower, more hair appeared from underneath the shower mat. I notified the staff the next morning and my shower, bathroom and room was given an extensive cleaning much to my satisfaction. The room was kept spotless for the balance of my stay. As such, I give the Noblehouse a very positive rating for customer service and attention to my concerns. Location is good at only one minute from the beach but not located waterfront. Bus stop is right outside the door if you desire to travel the island by local bus transport. Internet access wi-fi works fine in the room. Price wise, the hotel could be a bit more reasonable considering some hotels beachside are in the same price range.
RJ Lerich, Bedford, New York

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Wels, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

we found this hotel with our taxi driver from the airport, as we had to stay one night on a late arrival from bogota to providencia island.

this hotel isn´t on the beach but one block away - just 3 min walk to the beach boulevard.
it has some arabic/oriental style decor and building.
the street where the hotel is located is very busy and noise level is high, so please book your room towards the next building or the parking area on the left side of the hotel.

it is not overpriced as many other hotels on the beach and it´s rooms are very well kept (not too large though), the bath rooms need some renovation but everything is functioning well (all rooms with A/C).

breakfast is sufficient but you have to ask for fresh juice otherwise they will bring the sweet fake juice, eggs and bacon are served at your liking and coffee as well. bread is as usual the white toast a european would hate to have every day! (that´s normal in latin america)

the staff at reception and in the restaurant was very friendly and the hotel is kept very clean.
there is a small internet corner free of charge but also free WIFI for the rooms .
TV with many satellite channels in spanish and english are available

just aside the hotel is a car and quad rental service.

it is a recommendable hotel with a very reasonable pricing (about 80 €/room/night with breakfast ) ask for a rebate at the reception!

Room Tip: do not accept a room towards the street if you want to sleep well!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to San Andres Noblehouse Hotel? Share your experiences!