We stayed at GHL Sunrise Hotel over the Christmas week in 2012. Buffet breakfast was included in the room rate. I think this hotel was what best corresponded to our needs. It was not an expensive all-inclusive hotel, nor was it a small guesthouse type of an establishment. Considering the size of the island, GHL Sunrise Hotel is a big hotel, with all the necessary infrastructure. I would say that overall it was a good choice, especially when you take into account that there is not much choice on the island unless you are willing to spend a fortune.
- The rooms are spacious. There is a balcony overlooking the beautiful Caribbean Sea.
- A big pool. The official opening hour of the pool is at 9AM. It could be earlier for a morning swim.
- Sugar-free fruit juices at breakfast.
- Eggs made to your preference at breakfast.
- The gym. There are even some classes. You need to know how to work out with free weights, though, because the machines are not that many, neither they are too new.
- Two different saunas: a Turkish one and a dry one.
- You can book all the tours at an independent operator’s desk in the lobby. Quite convenient.
- Entertainment at night at hotel premises. This includes little concerts, dance classes etc.
- Wi-Fi in the rooms and the common areas worked quite alright, although you have to log in repeatedly.
- TV has many channels, including movie channels.
- The rooms are a bit more run down than they appear in the photos.
- No drinking water or towels at the gym.
- The water in the jacuzzi is not heated.
- A chronic lack of clean/dry towels. It was high season and there were not obviously enough towels. Almost every night when we got back to the room, I had to call the room service for some new towels. This was very annoying.
- The mini-bar was overpriced, as was the pool bar. Luckily there is a little shop in the lobby where you can buy your beverages cheaper.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- San Andres Island, one of the most fascinating and exotic places of the Colombian Caribbean, you find a resort and business unique in its category. GHL Sunrise Hotel has 170 rooms fully furnished and equipped with air conditioning, cable TV, telephone, safety box, hair dryer and minibar We have the Paradise Restaurant serving breakfast buffet from 07:00 -10:30, lunch buffet from 12:30 to 14:30 and Dinner buffet from 19:00 to 22:30. A la carte service and room service 24 hours. Restaurant Henrriette (in high season) with breakfast buffet and dinner buffet 7:00 to 10:30 and Dinner buffet from 19:00 to 22:30. Spectacular freshwater pool on the sea, exclusive beach, non-motorized water sports, diving Induction basic, basic induction windsurfing, sauna, jacuzzi, Turkish bath, gym instructor from 06:00 to 09:00 and 18:00 to 21:00 Monday to Friday, pool and beach towels, wireless internet in social areas courtesy of the hotel, nightclub Blue deep, Melon kiss karaoke bar,Park Point lobby bar and our bar Gaviotas at the pool . Cotton Cay Convention Center up to 500 people in auditorium. In the hotel lobby is located a responsive office that offers the following attractions: Island tour, ride to the Keys in boat, golf cart rental, bike rental, tour of the bay in boat, semi-submersible and aquanauts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, Venere, Travelocity, HotelsClick and Otel so you can book your GHL Hotel Sunrise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.