“Heaven on Earth.....” 5 of 5 stars

Avenida Circunvalar Km 8 Via El Cove, San Andres Island, Colombia   |
New York, NY
“Heaven on Earth.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

It's quite simple, Playa Tranquilo is the most tranquil getaway we've experienced. The views are breath taking, the location private and the swimming pool is refreshing, The staff very professional and friendly. Love the food and the presentation impeccable. I hated leaving.....
Thank you for an amazing experience.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
West Chazy, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

One of the most amazing hotels I have ever seen!!! My husband and I spent our vacation at Playa Tranquilo. The staff is extremely friendly, the rooms make you feel like you are relaxing in the privacy of your own home and the views are spectacular! Every morning we would wake up to the most beautiful sunrise and and excellent breakfast. Playa Tranquilo offers activities for every interest to make every day an adventure, or if you prefer you can relax by the pool and soak up the sun. I would recommend this hotel if you want an unforgettable island vacation!!

Room Tip: All the rooms at this hotel are very clean and comfortable. I would recommend any of them
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Sunrise, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

My fiancée and I were looking forward to an island vacation trip for a long time, before finally settling on San Andres after doing a lot of research.

We couldn't have been any happier with Playa Tranquilo. The house you get to stay at is right near the beach, and has its own swimming pool!

The provided food was excellent; when visiting, you're granted the services of a personal chef who makes AMAZING dishes. My fiancée and I both consider ourselves foodies, so this was an important aspect of the trip -- and it did not disappoint.

One word in the name of the resort -- "Tranquilo" -- plays an exceptionally important part in the charm of this place. That's because it's hard to describe the tranquility that comes from being able to enjoy all the wonders of a tropical island without being disturbed by anyone.

Being able to relax (by yourself, or with loved ones/friends) on a beautiful beach, watching an amazing sunset cascade over the crystal clear water, without being bothered by anyone at all, is just amazing.

It's also worth noting that the staff is exceptionally friendly and attentive! Customer service can make all the difference in the world when you're trying to enjoy your vacation, and I was immensely satisfied with it here.

Overall, I would recommend this to anyone looking for a trip where you basically get to feel as if you own a resort on your own private island for a couple weeks. :)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

I'm pleased to say that all of the reviews of Playa Tranquilo are completely and entirely true. However, they forgot to mention my single most favorite part of staying at this wonderful place - waking up. Every morning I was greeted by a beautiful sunrise and the most delicious and refreshing juices coming from fruits native to the island; it was the perfect start for every gorgeous day. Thank you so much to all the staff!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011 via mobile

Playa Tranquilo is the boutique hotel I've longingly searched for during my 10 years of travel. It's peaceful relaxing environment is matched by the beautiful exotic decor and the hospitality from the staff exceeds expectations. If you want a piece of paradise, they've definitely perfected it.

• Stayed November 2010
jupiter
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

Hi

I want to tell you what an amazing experience we had at your resort. THe beaches were beautiful and the food was amazing.... the staff are so kind and very accommodating. I will tell all my friends and family about this resort and hope they have as good as time as we did.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
North Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

I have been to many resorts (B&B) and I have to say this has been one of my favorites. THe staff goes over the top for each and every guest. The food was amazing and the beaches are beautiful. I hope my next vacation I can return to Playa Tranquilio. Thanks for the wonderful memories.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Been to Playa Tranquilo? Share your experiences!