I have had friends staying at the Berkely before and I've therefore heard all the horror stories from the past about strange noises and break mark on the doors. Then I heard they renovated the hotel and would be like any other hotel.
When me and my friends arrived we first saw the rather boring building, but then entered the lobby. It wasn't huge, but widespread and nice. At check-in we were upgraded to a nicer room (due to availability, however it must have been PLENTY of availability because we barely saw any other guests) - but of course we were happy.
The room we came to was just astonishing. After hearing some horror stories about some of the rooms I was thrown back from what I saw. A newly renovated spacious and clean room, with beautiful interior design, big beds, ocean view and a large flat tv.
We only stayed for one night, but it was enough for me to think it was one of the best hotel rooms I've slept in.
Only negative thing I can say about it is the breakfast. Complimentary is always nice, but when I came down just before it closed, some bagels, jelly and a little orange juice was all that was left. Not even butter.
Overall a great place to stay though, and of course a perfect location next to the boardwalk and the Convention Hall.
- Also Known As:
- Berkeley Hotel Asbury Park
- Berkeley Carteret Oceanfront Hotel
- Berkeley Asbury Park
- Berkeley Carteret
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As historic Asbury Park’s premier boutique hotel, The Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel enjoys a prime location along the New Jersey shoreline just steps from the famed boardwalk. Designed by noted Beaux Arts architect Warren Whitney of New York, the hotel recently underwent a renovation of historic proportions and is poised to experience the renaissance of this nineteenth-century seaside destination. Modern luxuries complement the classic grandeur of this 238-room famous hotel, with a nod to the Victorian architecture and oceanfront glamour of Asbury Park’s storied past. The Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel embodies everything that is the revitalization of the famed Jersey Shore and itself represents the rebirth of this cultural icon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, HostelBookers, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.