They're not oceanfront. The Convention Center is across the street. Look at Google Maps. Yes, I knew this, but seriously, they shouldn't put it in their name. This is not part of my ratings - just a point to those who expect it to be actually oceanfront.
Parking is ridiculously bad. The lot is behind the building. It was torrential rain, and they wouldn't open the back entrance. There was a wedding of 400 - we got lucky and got the last spot. Street parking was taken up with the 400 guests. The parking lot isn't paved. Or maybe it was and was just completely under water with massive pot holes? We had to walk through a flooded parking lot then all the way around the building to get inside. Horrible.
The heat didn't work in our room. The staff was very good - it was fixed quickly. The water was sputtering as if it had been turned off - and it ran brown for a while.
This is an old hotel that has been fixed up a bit, but you can't escape really small bathrooms, old pipes, and windows that leak air badly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As historic Asbury Park's premier boutique hotel, The Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel enjoys a prime location along the New Jersey shoreline just steps from the famed boardwalk. Designed by noted Beaux Arts architect Warren Whitney of New York, the hotel recently underwent a renovation of historic proportions and is poised to experience the renaissance of this nineteenth-century seaside destination. Modern luxuries complement the classic grandeur of this 238-room famous hotel, with a nod to the Victorian architecture and oceanfront glamour of Asbury Park's storied past. The Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel embodies everything that is the revitalization of the famed Jersey Shore and itself represents the rebirth of this cultural icon. The Berkeley offers a bar and restaurant during the summer season only. Parking is available in our lot at an additional cost. Parking is provided on a first come, first serve basis as it is limited. The Berkeley prides itself on being a pet friendly hotel. Pet friendly rooms are offered on a designated floor at an additional cost. A complimentary coffee service is available daily from 7 AM to 11 AM for all overnight guests. For questions or concerns, please reach out to the email provided on our general information page. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Berkeley Hotel Asbury Park
- Berkeley Carteret Oceanfront Hotel
- Berkeley Asbury Park