Having a weekend commitment in nearby Long Branch led me to this newly refurbished hotel.
All I knew about Asbury was that Sprinsteen was from there.
The hotel sits right on the boardwalk with great views of the Atlantic Ocean.
All I knew was the information I found online, and was pleasantly surprised by the "Beachy" feel of the lobby.
Apparently there are new owners who undertook a renovation of every room and common area of the hotel, and I believe they did a great job.
The staff was excellent as they helped at check-in and any room requests.
The room I was given faced the ocean and had one of the most comfortable King-Size beds I have had in a hotel in a long time. The room colors are great and give the hotel and even more open airy 'Beachy' feel.
Apparently there is an outdoor pool with cabanas, and a restaurant that is opening soon.
I would definately reccommend this hotel to anyone for the summer or just a weekend getaway.
PS. I took a look at the ballrooms they have and WOW. I'm sure they have had some parties there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As historic Asbury Park's premier boutique hotel, The Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel enjoys a prime location along the New Jersey shoreline just steps from the famed boardwalk. Designed by noted Beaux Arts architect Warren Whitney of New York, the hotel recently underwent a renovation of historic proportions and is poised to experience the renaissance of this nineteenth-century seaside destination. Modern luxuries complement the classic grandeur of this 238-room famous hotel, with a nod to the Victorian architecture and oceanfront glamour of Asbury Park's storied past. The Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel embodies everything that is the revitalization of the famed Jersey Shore and itself represents the rebirth of this cultural icon. The Berkeley offers a bar and restaurant during the summer season only. Parking is available in our lot at an additional cost. Parking is provided on a first come, first serve basis as it is limited. The Berkeley prides itself on being a pet friendly hotel. Pet friendly rooms are offered on a designated floor at an additional cost. A complimentary coffee service is available daily from 7 AM to 11 AM for all overnight guests. For questions or concerns, please reach out to the email provided on our general information page. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Berkeley Hotel Asbury Park
- Berkeley Carteret Oceanfront Hotel
- Berkeley Asbury Park