“Clean & close to beach” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Oceanic Inn

Oceanic Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Asbury Park
Oceanic Inn
You added Oceanic Inn to your Saves list
201 Sixth Ave, Asbury Park, NJ 07712   |
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Asbury Park
Vernon
“Clean & close to beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Do NOT believe the bad reviews!! I am a single woman from Northern NJ. I was looking for a place close to the beach, safe, clean and reasonable~that's exactly what I got!! I stayed 3 nights & never had to move my car from their free parking lot because everything is within walking distance. Beach and boardwalk are only 1 block away. Owners are very nice people. Room & bed where quite nice. Matttress seemed almost new & was very comfy. Decor was updated. Nice flat screen TV and Wifi. Fridge and microwave are free perks. OK, the bathroom could use some updating & the hot water heater was far from my room, but it was clean. I would definitely return :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Ledgewood, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

My friends and I have stayed in this hotel a number of times for concerts at the Stone Pony and let me honestly tell you it is just a dump. The only reason we keep going back is because split for ways it is dirt cheap and we are fresh out of college. If you are going to take the plunge I recommend bringing sleeping bags, towels, shower sandles, a bottle of bleach and a power washer. Seriously the homeless people on the beach have a better night sleep then the patrons at this motel. It would be in your best interest to schedule a doctors appointment right after you get home from your stay at the Oceanic because there is a 90% chance you picked something up. Your best bet with this motel is to get your key, go straight to a bar, get real shimmed up and then go to your room so you do not have to see it with sober eyes.

Room Tip: Sleep in your car
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Leechburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

We went to the Oceanic for Bamboozle and this was the closest and cheapest hotel available. We were kind of scared because of other reviews saying that there were bed bugs. I can assure you that we did not have this problem and slept just fine every night.
Great location.
Great Price
Nice & helpful staff.

The place is just a little bit run down(showing its age) but thats why the price is cheaper.

I'd go back anytime!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Toledo, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

The Oceanic was highly recommended to me by someone who had stayed there previously. I was there with a friend in late September. We had to wake the clerk...asked him to show us a room....when he turned on the lights BUGS started running all over the room...ROACHES....Big and lots of them. I told my friend to back out...we were only in the doorway thank goodness. The clerk then advised he could show us a room upstairs like the bugs would not crawl upstairs. It was filthy what I was able to see of the room before I literally jumped out of it. We left immediately and went to the Empress right on the Boardwalk. It was immaculate and we did not feel like we were putting the clerk out by checking in and there certainly were no bugs. If you do not like bugs do not go to the Oceanic. The clerk acted like so what.....

Room Tip: Do NOT choose any room if you are smart.
Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

If you believe one thing about the Oceanic - believe this! The place is as classic and as much of an Asbury staple as Tilly has become or the Stone Pony. The location is perfect, across the street from the Boardwalk and Convention Hall. There is no other Oceanic Inn! The owners are AMAZING and SUPER friendly and always on site. They've had the place at least 30 years, and have brought it back to glory. If your trash, find someplace else, but the Oceanic, hands down, is THE place in asbury to stay!

Room Tip: Second floor corner room
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

ignore the rubbish about the oceanic being crap. i stayed ten nights and will stay again next mont. the room was great and having a fridge n microwave was awesome. the room n bathroom were clean n the bed comfy. the owner is a great bloke and offered to drive me to the station when i left,even had a couple of drinks with him on my last night. forget paying sky high prices n stay at the oceanic.

Room Tip: swimming pool n spa wernt open as i think it was out of season. but who needs them when the beach n...
  • Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

Stayed at the Oceanic Inn for one nite just to check out Asbury Park. Arrived w/ no res on a Tues daytime. They had many rooms, and it was only 65/nite for one person, which was incredible. I had room 11 on the second floor.
Ok...you do have to check in thru a little window, and slide your credit card thru a slot, but the woman who checked me in was very friendly. Im sure this is just a safety precaution. The room was fine. Freshly painted. the bed was clean and comfortable, the cable TV had many channels, the bathroom was spotless and came w/ 2 little bars of soap (bring your own!). Also a microwave. Nearest store is about 6 blocks away. Note, no wifi.
I arrived on a bicycle from the NYC train, and the gentleman manager was quite concerned about its safety and offered to keep it inside for me (I just put it in the room)
All in all, this was a great find, and not expensive, one block from the boardwalk, safe, clean, and w/ friendly managers.
Divas, whiners and Real Housewives, please stay clear. it is what it is. If you are really fussy and call everything 'gross' because its not a Hyatt, then go pay 3 times the price down the road and spare us your neg reviews. But if you want a basic, clean, well-run motel room right by the ocean, then this is definitely the place to go to in Asbury Park.

Room Tip: Second floor is better, above the cars
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
#1 of 5 in Asbury Park
4.0 of 5 stars 220 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Neptune
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch
4.5 of 5 stars 229 reviews
Bungalow Hotel
Bungalow Hotel
#3 of 4 in Long Branch
4.0 of 5 stars 147 reviews

Been to Oceanic Inn? Share your experiences!