“A Very Mixed Bag” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Oceanic Inn

Oceanic Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Asbury Park
Oceanic Inn
You added Oceanic Inn to your Saves list
201 Sixth Ave, Asbury Park, NJ 07712   |
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Asbury Park
Cranford, New Jersey
“A Very Mixed Bag”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

The deal here is "the deal," which is price, location & parking. You really have to be able to tolerate a budget, (and I do mean budget) motel room situation. The big advantages here are just what I stated above. The price at this time is $75 w/ a $5 cash room key deposit. Great price, I think any place else in the summer is tres expensive since Asbury's oceanfront is experiencing a renaissance. ALSO, an important point is most places won't let you rent a room for only 1 night, which is another plus for the Oceanic. They do. And it's perfect if you're going to a concert as we were because the location is 1 block behind the boardwalk & very near the Paramount & Convention Hall theaters, the Wonder Bar & the Stone Pony. The motel has a free parking lot, which the manager kindly let us leave the car in the next day too. This is important because Asbury has become the town of metered parking everywhere for $1 per hour or $10 per day (not outrageous, but there is no free parking any more anywhere near the boardwalk). Furthermore, the manager was very pleasant & the place seemed safe. Anyway, we (2 women) had no problem. And, we didn't have bedbugs. I never put clothes on the bed in any hotel any more anyway. There was a rack to hang clothes & we hung some, but my husband (a bug expert) always tells me to hang clothes in the bathroom if I have any doubts just to be on the safe side. Anyway, we got no bites. Now the down side is that the room (especially sheets & pillowcases) was pretty shabby. My friend's bed was better than mine. Sheets don't really fit, stain on mine. They have definitely seen better days & would "skeeve out" some people. That's the only thing that really bothered me. But I'm sure they were changed each day. The torn lampshade didn't really bother me. There is a stove, a fridge & good a/c. And, it was quiet. Didn't hear any noise from any other rooms. We were on the 2nd floor. We did notice the next day that the cleaning ladies only had very basic supplies, like a mop & maybe some ammonia. So, it's a "you get what you pay for" situation. We were able to deal w/ it & it suited our needs just fine. I would stay there again if I were going to another concert or event & needed to stay overnight.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

We stayed at the Oceanic over Memorial Day weekend and will definitely be back. The location is perfect - just a block from the beach - and the rooms and clean and quiet. Who can beat the price?! $70/night! If you are planning on spending a lot of time in your room, this is not the place for you. But if you want to walk to the beach, walk to the boardwalk, and have a clean place to sleep, I recommend the Oceanic.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

We stayed there 3 nights, great loction right across from the beach and board walk begining. Staff was very friendly and very helpful with directions and were to be and not be. It was only 75 a night wich was way cheeper than hotels around. And they have security there over night which made us (two woman) feel safe. By no means is this a hilton but was def clean.

• Stayed June 2011
Hillsborough, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

Well, when I first went onto this site and saw the reviews, I was skeptical; however, $70 for a night, one block from the beach couldn't be that awful, right?

If you are looking for a 4-star hotel, this is not the place for you; however, if you are looking for clean sheets and towels and a place to lay your head, the Oceanic Inn is a great place. The rooms are old and drab; but who really cares!!! The manager is a sweet man and even called me when I had left my phone charger in the room. How many places do that?!!!!

I will definately stay there again when I visit Asbury Park.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Long Branch, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

We stayed for This years Pride in As bury Park for 4 night. Who would wanna pay $360 a night at Berkeley hotel and waste $ 690 or more and they don't afford microwaves or fridge....The Staff was so friendly and nice, and also you get free internet. There were no Bed bugs and or other stuff that are bad reviews do not listen to the bad review's.... My only concern is they rooms have 2 beds and you have to pay more money per person. What is the point on having 2 beds if most hotels dont charge for the 2 people when there is 4 max in the room. I think they should wave that The television never worked, We wasn't in the room most of the time but my experience was good we will be back soon. be foreI for get you can't compare there price trust us when we say it.....

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Laurence Harbor, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised to find very nice and helpful people that work there. Your so close to the beach and its soo reasonable. Clean, freindly, and reasonably priced, how can you possibly go wrong?

Room Tip: room 9