“Repeat Performance” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Asbury Park
Oceanside, New York
“Repeat Performance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Once again The Empress Hotel has shown their true colors of professionalism, hospitality and courtesy to me and my guests. Kristin, Milton, and Josh tended to our every need, no matter how petty it may have seemed, always at our service with a smile and never having to ask them twice. I wouldnt stay anywhere else when i visit Asbury Park. Stayed there July AND August. No Room Service but a nice breakfast spread was in the lobby for the taking ...yes i was designated room service person to bring up to the room lol. No prob. Its all good ;)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Bronx, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Hi we just decided to go Asbury Park last weekend on an impromtu trip. We had stayed at the Empress last year in late September and loved it. Just decided to call thinking they would not have any rooms and to my surprise they had availability. We arrived on Sunday and met Josh at front desk, he was extremely helpful and so nice even took the time and checked when I was there last year very impressive. Staff are very friendly and helpful.

We had a wonderful stay love this place, easy access to the beautiful beach and boardwalk. Really like the rooms with a balcony great view of the beach & boardwalk. We find it very relaxing staying here and will return for sure.

Room Tip: Love the rooms with ocean view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Just got back from a 3 day stay at the Empress. Hotel is reasonably priced and clean as well in a great location. We were 1st booked at the Berkeley then I changed it because they did not have any balconies.. And I was glad I did, the balcony is key especially since we had a great Boardwalk and Ocean Views. The hotel is clean and all employees were very nice. Just an FYI - The hotel has a large gay clientelle which seemed to like the pool area, but this did not bother us at all. Liked the place and will definitely return on our next visit back to Asbury as they were very clean and accomodating!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Newtown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

The Empress Hotel is very clean, comfortable amd a few steps above the rest in quality. It's quiet ( if you want it to be) or join the parties poolside or in the bar. The staff is sensational, always kind, patient and ready to help. We needed a referidgerator for medications and they supplied it for us.

Room Tip: Rooms with balconies are super!
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I stayed this past Saturday night at the Empress. This was my second visit. I just love love love this hotel. I had a spectacular room with a view. The staff is beyond helpful. And I sampled the coffee at the complimentary continental breakfast...delicious. I checked out the pool also. Very clean and larger than I had expected.

I will be back!

East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

My husband & I Just drove to the shore & said we were going to Asbury Park this year. We went from the start of the boardwalk to what we called the end & the Empress was the only Hotel there. We were so impressed we just booked our stay. We found out later that is was mostly gay, and it was great. Everyone was so accomadating. I have never felt so at ease on a vacation before. They have everything you need all u have to do is ask for it. We realized that when we left. I would suggest this Hotel to anyone going to Asbury Park. We will be returning next summer. Thanks Guys for a Good Time!!! U really know how to PARTY!!!!!!

Room Tip: we were on the 4th floor, and had a great view of the pool area. I would want the same room when we...
New York City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

When I started looking around for hotel accommodations in Asbury Park, my expectations were not high.
What I found however really grabbed my attention.
I found the Empress Hotel quite by accident and the rates were really reasonable so I booked it. I figured that we wouldn't be in the hotel that much since there is so much to do on the Jersey Shore. In short, I was expecting very medioce accommodations and figured I would just have to deal with it.
We were pleasantly surprised to find a very well located property with VERY clean rooms, super comfortable beds and a helpful and friendly staff...We even had a room with an ocean view!!!
Kristen, at the front desk, couldn't have been more outgoing and helpful. She truly possesses what any hotel property looks for in a customer service professional.
Even the lifeguard working at the pool was so very friendly and fun. The staff really helped to make our stay a complete pleasure.
So.... for going above and beyond the expectations of these travelers, I give the Empress Hotel high scores.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Asbury Park
#7 of 15 in Point Pleasant Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 94 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Neptune
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch
4.5 of 5 stars 228 reviews

Been to Empress Hotel? Share your experiences!