“All good things to say” 5 of 5 stars

732-774-3395
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Pascal & Sabine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 92 Restaurants in Asbury Park
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
“All good things to say”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Looking for something special and unique led us to Pascal and Sabine, and it met all our expectations. I can see why it is included in OpenTable's top 100 neighborhood gems. The service was great from the water and bread service thru wine and dinner. I didn't notice any of the missteps in some of the previous reviews.

The food was sophisticated and delicious from everyone's point of view (salmon, halibut, steak, duck and scallops). Definitely on the higher end of the brasserie spectrum. There are lovely "teacup booths along the bar area, and we had a large booth that easily sat our group of 8. This is a wonderful add to Asbury Park and I look forward to another visit soon.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Princeton, New Jersey
“Menz a Menz”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I was dying to go to this restaurant , finally got a reservation on a Saturday night when I was in the area. I realize it is summer and will try again in off season. Appetizer was really small can't share , get 2 then share, was tasty though. Did not give bread , had to request . Service was good but seemed like maybe they were short that night or first day on the job, my cocktail drink was warm. My partners dinner was better than mine and I got the special for 34.00, seemed like alot for beef short rib . It was good beef but there was only a few little mushrooms and very little sauce , 2 little carrots and adequate mash potato portion. Dessert was very good. I was a bit disappointed overall. but maybe I'll try again.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New York, NY
“A Bit of Paris at the Jersey Shore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

My husband and I came for Sunday brunch with our 2 year old son. The ambiance is great and rivals some of the restaurants in Manhattan with circular booths upfront and subdued lighting. They had a jazz band playing but it was not too loud and was a nice surprise! We had mimosas which came out right away. We did not experience a delay in the bar as other reviewers have stated. The food was really outstanding. We started with croissants. I have not had croissants this good since I visited Paris! My son had the pain au chocolat which was served warm - again delicious! I had the omelet special which I enjoyed and my husband had the croque madame. The brunch prices were reasonable with a nice selection with brunch type items and dinner items which were priced higher such as coq au vin and steak au poivre. The service was very good and the waitress did a good job of timing our meals. I will definitely be back but probably without our son. While the staff was gracious about having a 2 year old in the restaurant, I do not think this is an appropriate restaurant for children. They do not have a children's menu and when I asked if they could put our stroller somewhere while we were eating they looked at us like we had two heads. The hostess stepped in and efficiently tucked our stroller in a closet. When we asked for a highchair or a booster seat and the hostess said " I don't know if we have one". They accommodated us in a banquette near the bar which worked out fine. We have been looking for a french restaurant at the Jersey Shore and we were definitely not disappointed. We look forward to returning for dinner in the near future!

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ocean, New Jersey
“An Asbury Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my experience at this restaurant! We stopped in for the Happy Hour. We were ready to leave when a new bartender took over at our end. Chad was friendly, professional and informed. He is a terrific ambassador for the restaurant. It was because of him and our discussions about the restaurant's food that cause me to make a reservation for dinner. The service or the food did not disappoint. I had the mussels which had a delicious broth for dipping bread. My friend had the steak which she thoroughly enjoyed! The creme brûlée was delicious for dessert.
Prices are a little high but certainly fair for the quality. The decor is also elegant! I can't wait to return!

Visited August 2014
Eatontown, New Jersey
“Mixed feelings-”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Atmosphere was chic but cozy. Despite having a reservation we were seated at a booth right off the bar, which was a little annoying. There were missteps with service right off the bat- there was an almost comical situation with the water service as three different people kept bringing and taking away glasses.. and it took FOREVER to get the cocktail I ordered, despite ordering it when we sat down- it didn't arrive until after our appetizer was finished and until we asked twice about it. That being said it was excellently mixed and I ordered a second one which arrived more promptly.
We enjoyed the food. I started with a simple salad of oak leaf lettuce tossed with a tarragon dressing that was delicious. For the main, I had the classic Mussels Frites- It was a huge portion of mussels. The sauce was simple and flavorful. The frites were nice and crispy Belgium style.
My husbands French onion soup was very nice and avoided being overly salty. He was a little disappointed in the Lamb burger though, he actually felt like they may have served him beef..

So bottom line, we aren't rushing back but we did enjoy our meal. I think I would be more likely to go back for their Happy Hour which has food and drink specials then for another dinner.

• Visited July 2014