“Ok dinner” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“Ok dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

upon a recommendation of friends we tried this Asbury Park steakhouse.While it was fairly crowded when we got there we found ourselves to be the only diners around 9:45pm
We started with cocktails I had a mojito which was made perfectly and my wife's and a Peach martini.We ordered appetizers and this is where it got a little sticky .Our friends ordered a shrimp cocktail and after the waiter checked he returned to advise they were out of same.They than passed on getting appetizers.I ordered a tomatoes and Mozzarella which was tasty but a little on the dry side it lacked any type of dressing.I shared my appetizer with them as I felt bad.

for dinner our friends ordered a prime rib on the bone as well as did my wife.It was the 1 1/2 inch cut looked ok however for the price it did not appear very appetizing and neither did my steak.the meats came out on a plate with no presentation just a steak on a white plate.AHHH.The filet mignonette was the same.The baked potato I ordered was greasy and seemed to be warmed over.No presentation whatsoever.

For dessert we tried to order kreplach how ever they were out of that We tried key lime out of that as well.we all settled for ice cream and chocolate syrup it just didn't cut it

The server was great and very apologetic however it doesn't change the fact that may items on the menu were just not there.

Food was ok not sure I would return as there are many other fine eateries in Asbury Park waiting for our palettes.

• Visited September 2013

35% Recommend
New York City, New York
“Good Steaks”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Enjoyed a good meal with friends Labor day weekend.We started with Mojitos and Martinis which were made perfectly.Appetizers included mozzarella and tomatoes which were plentiful to share.Our friend ordered Shrimp Cocktail which they were out of.I ordered a Filet Mignonette and baked potatoe.While the steak was cooked perfectly the baked potato was small and a bit on the greasy side?Our friends had the prime rib 1 inch cut which was good and flavorful.Dessert seems to a problem at this eatery as it seems what ever we ordered they were out of it.While I understand you may have had a busy Friday and Saturday perhaps substitutions should have been in order.We finally had to settle for Ice Cream and chocolate syrup .OK but not a great way to finish a meal.We each ordered a glass of the house wine ok but not the best.Bread delivered at the table was kind of stale but we were hungry so we each ate a piece.

I always like to give a restaurant a 2nd chance so we will go back again however not in the near to soon future perhaps next summer during the peak to see if the overall experience is better.

• Visited September 2013
“Crazy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

I am in from out if town was looking for a staek saw the reviews and tried anyways the place was clean server was pleasant orderd moz salad the prime rib and spinach all was good ......guys remember you are at the shore relax

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
new jersey
“Read Reviews Before Instead of After”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Parking in Asbury Park on a Saturday night, even early, is a challenge. Ivan and Andy's Prime has free parking, which is a huge plus. The restaurant is attractive and lively, with a busy bar and clientele of all ages. We had to wait a while until a server approached our table. The menu is limited, but at least the specials are printed with prices.

You should know that NO substitutions are allowed, and most entrees are a la carte.
My pork chop came with.....a pork chop. (Potatoes, vegetables are all extra.) It was very good, as was the beet salad that my husband and I shared. His chicken entree was deemed "OK."
Drinks that are on the rocks are $2 extra as "they give you more." No, they don't.

• Visited August 2013
Manalapan, New Jersey
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

We tried this place on a spur of the moment. The parking was free and available. We were seated immediately at 7:30 pm on a Friday night. The place was practically empty for a lovely evening. There is a bar and TVs were playing the sporting events. We ordered the mozzarella salad and it was tough. The 1/2 rack of American Lamb consisted of two large, long bones with a small piece of meat at the end. The meat was burnt on the outside but cooked to my perfection on the inside. The price of $36 did not warrant the size of the portion especially since the sides were $5 extra each since it came alacarte. I had the wild halibut special which was delicious and a generous portion. It came with jasmine rice and a fabulous red sauce with basil. Now we are up to the dessert. The cappuccino was bitter and at first not hot enough. Our lovely waitress did take it back. The peach cobbler was very doughy and there were two very small peaches in there which I had to search for. We returned that also. Then we had the coconut custard pie which tasted like it was out of a box. But we ate it anyway. I guess we will not be returning.

Visited August 2013