“Make a reservation! It's Busy but Good!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 94 Restaurants in Asbury Park
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Entertaining clients, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Doing business, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dessert, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
York, PA
“Make a reservation! It's Busy but Good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

We couldn't get a table and so four of us ate side by side at the bar rather than leave. Everything we ordered came up fast and was good. Pizza oven was next to the bar and ours was wonderful. Roasted asparagus that we couldn't finish, there was so many. Bartender spoiled us. Go there!

• Visited July 2013

New Jersey
“Fantastic Night Out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Had a great meal at Brandos in Asbury with a few couples.
First, I must say that every time we go to Brandos the service is impeccable. The bar tender are attentive and the wait staff is on
Point all the time.
They know when we need space and when to get involved.
We actually had a mishap with a fish dish ordered (it wasn't perfectly filleted and we got more than we asked for) and the staff ( from the busser to the manager) were all over it. Pls note - even with the mishap- they get all 5's.

The food is perfect every time. I had pasta, fish, salads - allows everything vegetarian on the menu and it's awesome. I haven't had a bad meal here yet. I haven't had the steaks but they look unbelievable. Fred Flinstone would be proud.

Ambiance is cool and classic - they always have 3 all time classic Italian mob movies rolling over the bar (except when a major sports game is on).

We prefer to sit in the front room but when we go with a larger party the back room is more accommodating.

Pricy but worth it.

Will be back again and again.

“ummmm, may have to give it another chance”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

First, I will start off with the positive...the service was excellent!!!! We all loved the atmosphere, casual but nice. I would go back to have an appetizer and drink at the bar. In fact, I would probably try the steak too but unfortunately I could not have meat that night. I may have had too high of expectations after reading all the reviews. The mushroom and polenta- delicious. The eggplant tower- yummy. The artichoke appie- it was good- not much flavor. The zucchini- oh no! very well done and dry. I figured that's ok- I'll just take off the fried wrapping, no could do b/c the zucchini was so thin. It was like eating a piece of cardboard. :-( For dinner- the sea bass was recommended. Now, I love food, but I am no expert, especially on cooking terminology. So when he said sea bass encrusted in mushrooms, I took encrusted to mean topped and almost breaded, so to speak with mushrooms. I was expecting the sea bass to be encrusted with mushrooms, and served on top of pea risotto. So when it was served, I said, "where are the mushrooms?"...The mushrooms are the gravy. (btway, presentation -very nice!) The bass and risotto was surrounded by mushroom gravy, no actually pieces of mushrooms. (again I defer to my lack of terminology). The risotto- I have not had risotto a lot, but as I recall, it is soft, yummy, and creamy. The texture was actually like eating hard pieces of rice. My friend ordered the same dish and she even said- 'wow that was a hard bite'. The bass looked juicy and nicely cooked, but the bass, in fact the whole dish, was tasteless. We had to get salt (I usually do not add salt to my dishes once served-but it was necessary!) But even with the added salt- the dish was really bland. We left more than 1/2 on our plates. My other friend ordered the shrimp with the thick pasta-Let me tell you- the shrimp were colossal! Just beautiful! I had some- I liked it- but I will eat shrimp with nothing on it and like it! My friend did not like it- again- bland- more salt please, I'm not sure if there was garlic in the garlic sauce b/c the pasta had no taste! (there was- just hard to taste). My other friend had the short ribs- she said delicious. I had one of her brussel sprouts- yum! We had 2 other dishes - the tile fish and I forget the other one- my friends said their dishes were ok. So mixed reviews on the actual dinners. All the presentations were very nice- it was just the lack of flavor in a couple that disappointed- and the chunky tasteless risotto. Now - desert- dellliiccccouuus!! Our server gave us one on the house- I do not know if he was being nice- he was- or if he noticed the 1/2 eaten plates. So based on previous reviews, I feel I need to go back and give it another shot. Maybe the chef had a cold and taste buds were off that night. 5 stars for the service- 3 for appies ( would have been higher if not for zucchini), 2- dinner-, and 5 for dessert.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Goochland, Virginia, United States
“Great choice for a great meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Based on reviews on TA, I took a chance while in town. I am glad I did. Classic Italian food...Very good atmosphere and the good service at the bar capped off the evening. I would recommend to anyone that likes good italian cooking. Both classic specialties and more. Try the Rigatoni meatballs...Awesome. I wanted to try the dessert but that will have to wait for next time.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Don't Miss This Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Brando's has great food and atmosphere. I love the brick wall in the seating area near the bar. They run all of 'The Godfather' movies on the televisions.
The appetizers are my favorites. I had a special that was crab meat and shrimp...delicious.
The tilefish and seabass were also favorite entrees at our table.
The cookies and milk are a perfect ending to the meal!