“Surpassed Expectations!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 91 restaurants in Asbury Park
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Spring Lake, New Jersey
“Surpassed Expectations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I often try restaurants based on reviews only to be disappointed. This was not the case with Brando's. From the first person to greet us, Jackie the hostess, to Regina (right on the money with suggestions), the bus people (sorry, didn't get your names), Robert our server (just delightful and so professional), and Steve the owner (so funny and nice) - we were made to feel welcomed and never rushed, they couldn't do enough for us. Everyone was very friendly - we felt as if we were having dinner at a friend's home! So much for the great staff - now the food..one word, fabulous. Sunday Gravy is the real deal - homemade pasta, old school sauce. If you love a great steak -forget Sparks or Mortons - come to Brando's! Perfect in every way from drinks, apps, sides, pizza, to the main courses - not one complaint from my family, just raves - and believe me, we are real foodies! Can't wait to go back!

• Visited October 2012

88% Recommend
“Outstanding Please visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I like think of myself as an expert on Italan food not because it's my favourite but because my family are all vegatarians and we tend to always eat Italan food. Brandos is awesome and if like me you want a steak is the best I have ever been to to have a steak and Italian food. Portions are huge and many tables had take away bags. This really is a lovely restaurant and the best in the area if not state.

Fair Haven, New Jersey
“Brando's - make sure you make a reservation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

If your in the mood for delicious italian food, some fresh seafood, or a Peter Luger steak, Brando's will satisfy you. While a monsterous porterhouse steak is not for everyone, if your in the mood there is no reaon to drive into NYC to satisfy your appetite. The bartenders and the wait staff were extremely helpful in making suggestions. If your planning on going you may want to arrive early to take advantage of the happy hour specials. Reservations are something i highly recommend. Ask if they happen to be serving grilled calamari, if they are jump on it you will not be disappointed. Bona petit

Toms River, New Jersey
“To Die For!!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

From start to finish, our visit was exquisite. We were so lucky to have been the first patrons in the late after noon before the dinner rush came in and we were hard pressed to leave 3 hours later! We loved the amazing food.....Sunday Gravy Special (incredible) which is graced by a perfectly paired salad that had a fabulous vinegarette on it....you would swear it was the one you always had at your grandmoms table when you were little...and ironically, they made it for the same exact reason! My husband had a ribeye fit for the Flinstones. GIANT!!!!!!! Dry aged beef that was perfectly seasoned and cooked to perfection. Steven, the owner, was so gracious and more importantly..."present". He visited different tables, all the while, preparing pizza and chatting with his guests for the evening. UNBELIEVABLE!! Regina, our waitress, couldn't have any better.. Accomodating, informative, attentive and personable. This woman is a rare find and Brando's is sure lucky to have such a caring staff member. Her recommendations were right on the money and she was as professional as it gets, yet ~~ caring,that we felt lucky to have spent time our evening with her. So looking forward to our next visit. I want to sample every single item on their menu because they sound "THAT GOOD"! Asbury Park restaurants (and there are some really good ones), you're no match for Brando's....they've got what it takes! See you next week favorite restaurant.......my palette awaits you!

Midland Park
“Perfect night out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I decided to check out Trip Advisor for a few dinner options for my wife and I. I choce Brandos and couldnt have been happier. I called on Wednesday to make a reservation for 8pm Sunday night. When we arrived at 8pm on Sunday, we were told they didnt have our reservation... no harm done, plenty of room. We sat at the first table in the dining room. Our server, Justin i believe, was very good. He told us the specials very clearly. I ordered a salmon dish and my wife ordered chicken... wish i had more detail on that but it was amazing. A gentleman was walking around saying hello and asking how things were. im guessing he was the owner. We mentioned it was our wedding night as we had walked down the aisle not 7 hours earlier. He congratulated us and returned shortly with a bottle of champagne for us to enjoy.Food was excellent, Drinks were perfect, service was top notch. i recommend this place! and i didnt mention... their website doesnt have prices so i was taking a chance going here but dont worry... everything was resonable.. 18 to 40 for a plate and be ready to take some home! Enjoy!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere