“Ok food, slow service” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
McLoone's Asbury Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 92 Restaurants in Asbury Park
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 5th Avenue
Sussex, New Jersey
“Ok food, slow service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The food wasn't anything special and was a bit pricey given the location. The service was slow which is a big negative when eating with 2 toddlers. My husband ended up cancelling his lunch since he had an app and taking the kids outside since it was taking too long for our entrees. We noticed other customers received their entrees well before our table even though we were seated when the dining room was not busy.

Clarksville, Tennessee
“McLoones - great place for a meal.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

A great place for lunch while visiting the boardwalk. I had a great burger and onion rings. Wife had a nice wrap and salad. I would recommend it highly.

“Wanted it to be Better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

My husband and I went to McLoone's earlier this week for pre-dinner cocktails. The atmosphere is very nice, and the bartender was friendly and made a really good martini. A couple of days later, I was on the beach and was looking at TA for lunch recommendations. The Langosta Lounge receives many good reviews, so I walked there. Unfortunately, they were closed. Even though McLoone's gets rather poor reviews for food, I decided to try it anyway based on its convenient location and beach view.

I waited quite a while for the waitress to take my order and my mojito was probably the worst I've ever had. It tasted like club soda with a touch of mint. There was no rum or lime flavor to be found. I ordered two appetizers for lunch - the avocado caprese and the hummus trio. Both were pretty good, but nothing special. Plus, my lunch took a while to come out and the woman who brought it to me (not my waitress) was very unfriendly.

McLoone's is in a great location and, if they could only get their staff and food more consistent, this place could be fantastic.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey
“Keep On Walking..........Bad Food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

After a walk on the boards we stopped by just for a look see and the hostess said that they are having a brunch buffet and you can take a look if you'd like. We went to see what the offerings were and it didn't look too bad, so we decided to give it a try. For $19.95 pp, the brunch came with a juice and coffee or tea. The juice was served in a glass full of ice and the luke warm water for the tea was served in a tall clear glass mug with a spoon in it. We went to the omelet station and told the cook how we wanted our omelets made. He then turned around and took a cloth towel off of the window sill and proceeded to wipe out the pans .I looked at my husband in disbelief and I know now that this was a sign that we should have just walked out then!!!
How bad can a brunch be? This be it !!!
The quality of the food was sub par and service was poor at best.
Later that night at home we both ran for a bathroom and brunch be gone!!!
I think we both had some kind of food poisoning. This is the only food we had all day besides a cup of tea and toast at home.
We ate here on June 9,2013.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey
“Worst Restaurant on the Jersey Shore!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

We were seated immediately. After waiting over 15 minutes with just our menus, we left. We were totally ignored. Menus were closed. No reason not to at least offer us water or take our drink order. Avoid McClooones.