I returned to this hotel for a 2nd visit and was less satisfied this time around (see my earlier review).
As before, the location is excellent and the staff professional and helpful, no complaints there, and the room aesthetics modern and attractive.
However, the things that bugged me last time seemed more pronounced and worthy of mentioning. I stayed in a 2BR suite again.
My complaints individually are quibbles but all together detracted from my visit:
* the internet service (just like last visit) is sluggish and flakey to the point of being useless. It's free, but I'd rather pay for a service that works!
* the beds are some of the hardest I've slept on. distinctly uncomfortable.
* the hot water in the shower seemed to run out after about 5 mins usage, no matter the time of day or night. No idea how that's possible, though all the Colombians I know take very short showers so maybe they don't notice?
* It's only 2 thin towels per bathroom (1 small bath, 1 hand) and it's hard to get more. At this price range, I'd hope for plus or more. Small soaps weren't replaced. No shelves or hooks in the shower stalls for bath products.
* The central Poblado location has the drawback of being in the epicenter of the city's smog, which seemed to seep into and gather in my suite on sunny days (the windows don't seal that tightly), leaving it kind of nasty until I aired it out at night. The hotel can't do much about MDE's air pollution but worthy of note...
* Despite having stayed at this hotel for nearly a week total now, I've never sampled its included breakfast. 7am-9am is just too early for me when I travel, though perhaps fine for traditional business travelers. It would be nice to not have to pay for this (ie, make breakfast optional).
All of this would be more acceptable at a lower price, but for Medellin this is an expensive hotel.
While the hotel has some major positives, these negatives are enough to discourage a future visit at this price range.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With predilection for space, privacy, comfort and good service into an exclusively corporative environment, Affinity gets lodging experience to be a different privilege. Having a perfect location, next to Oviedo’s mall, in the area of El Poblado (financial, commercial and high class’s residential area in the city) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Despegar.com and Priceline so you can book your Affinity Aparta Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.