I have stayed in this hotel both for business and on private trips and so far it is my favourite in Medellín. Location is excellent - in the wealthy Poblado area and in close proximity to two up-market shopping centres (Santa Fe and Oviedo). It is also much closer to to the international airport (MDE) than other parts of the city. I would recommend booking the airport transfer with the hotel which gives you a better car as most taxis in Medellín do not have seatbelts readily available for passengers.
For my business trip I stayed in one of the rather spacious premium rooms with a pretty view and huge TV.
The restaurant is well worth dining in - they even had a food-themed week while I was there. Wine selection is with a distinct Latin American focus and what I liked was that all the bottles were on display in the restaurant which made the choice a little more involving. For breakfast I can recommend the omelettes made to order while you watch. They definitely taste better that way!
Business infrastructure we also used on two occasions. There are 2 or 3 different rooms available and the staff was very responsive to each and every demand we had in preparing it with the client dinner a memorable highlight.
My suggested improvements would be:
- change the wifi system such that it there is no auto log-off after 30min (speed is good otherwise)
- have a bureau de change available in the lobby (not an issue really as there is a bank right next door and several others in the shopping centres but would definitely be convenience factor)
Overall I had great stays and am looking forward to the next one. Definitely recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A sober and elegant Hotel, located in the most exclusive area near a major business centers, financial and trade. The hotel is known for its peaceful and welcoming environments. For rest and relaxation with a solarium terrace equipped with jacuzzy, hydromassage shower and steam bath. All rates include breakfast buffet and a wireless Internet connection unlimited. The warm service and personalized direct engagement with our guest ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Porton Medellin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.