“Unsatisfied” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #64 of 86 hotels in Medellin
Quito
“Unsatisfied”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I went to this hotel some years ago and it was quite good. But now the service, cleanliness and others was really disappointing. Price was extremely high for what you get.
The most annoying thing was the awful smell of towels and linens.

Room Tip: I do not recommend any
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

23 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Palma, Mallorca.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

The hotel Belfort is situated in a good place for the Centre and also Poblado area are just a quick taxi ride away. We had a Junior Suite was 2 weeks and found it to be very clean and comfortable with good views of the City. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful.
The Belfort has a rating of 5 stars and although this is a nice hotel I wouldnt warrant all 5, but then again it also costs a lot less than your average 5 star hotel too. Breakfast was good also, frash coffee, chocolate and juices daily with a chice of local foods and cooked eggs etc, suficient.
I would certainly recommend the hotel to collegues and friends.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

Broken shower head and basin plug did not work! Do you expect this in a 5 star establishment? I was disappointed to be charged extra for internet. They were also unable to print off some documents as there was no printer available in their computer room. I tried asking at the front desk but the staff were not particularly helpful. At the end, they overcharged me on check-out.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Quito, Ecuador
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

I don’t think this is a great hotel, but if are looking for decent hotel in a great place in Medellin, then Belfort might be your choice. It is located in a nice neighborhood, shopping malls are very close, and main business centers are near too.

The check in process was real quick (my wife and I) made our reservations online 4 days before we got to Medellin and had no problem at all when we arrived at the hotel. The service was good and everybody were very kind

I think this hotel needs some remodeling, it looks a bit old (except the front desk :)). The room was clean, it had one king size bed, one big desk, a small living room, TV (mostly local channels), A/C, etc. The room was kind of dark because had just one window and the sunlight did not go through it. The bathroom was clean and spacious, well maintained.

We only ate breakfasts at the restaurant (so I can’t rate the food), but the breakfast buffet was the same every day but at least it was really good.

Overall I should recommend this hotel, is not expensive, good service, decent rooms.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

Just would like to congratulate the excellent staff whose offering their best of themselves as well as many smiles.. from the receptionist to the General Manager , service belongs to their gems. I have been traveling to Medellin in several hotels and I will always prefer to stay in the Belfort as the location is very central, the standards of the restaurant very good, and the bedroom offers the comfort that you can expect from an International brand name.
You can try and come back again, you will see how the hotel staff takes care of you...

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Orlando, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2008

I called teh hotel directly to reserve my room. I asked for an English speaking person. I aksed for a regular room with a king size bed. I confirrmed the rate with was 498,000 pesos for 4 nights.

When I arrived they said I reserved a suite, which I didn't. They they said the rate was 498,000 pesos per night ! I showed teh the reservation reference # to look up the record, wiht no help. I was tired and decided I woudl find another hotel the next morning. I was told that they will adjust the rate the following day.
I was sleeping at 10:30 PM when I woke up feeling like something was walking on me. I turned on the light and the bed had many ants on the bed pillow, on me, in my hair...etc. I called the front desk and told them I needed another room. the next morning I talked to the front desk about the room troubel an d the rate, but no one that spoke clear English was available.

That evening I finally got someone to tlak to me abotu the rate. which was goingot be 189,000 pesos per night. I agreed so I woudl not have to change hotels.

Upon check out they charged me 259,000 pesos per night plus , room service that I did not use.

I am now forced to file a dispute with the credit card company to get some adjustments made...if lucky.

• Disliked — Minimal English speaking help, alos taking advantage of people wiht rates, services
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2008

I'm not sure this place is the best value for the money. It looks to be a four star hotel from about ten years ago. The rooms are starting to show some serious wear and could really use a remodel.

That being said, the place was nice, the staff was friendly and helpful, the pool is great except it isnt deep enough and I felt very comfortable there. The breakfast buffet was pretty generous. There may be better values in Medellin, but this hotel is a fine place to stay and you probably will not be disappointed with the quality of it.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Belfort Medellin Hotel? Share your experiences!