Intercontinental Medellin is a big, luxurious hotel. I was there for a business meeting and there were several meetings going on at the same time, as it has a huge amount and diversity of meeting rooms.
The rooms are spacious and very comfortable although a little bit old (carpet in my room needed change or at least extensive cleaning). A plus: free wi-fi in all areas (not great but functional).
Best part of the hotel: social common areas. Great outdoor heated pool, very nice gym facilities, with gym classes that can be attended without extra cost, good clay tennis courts (you can rent rackets and balls with them), many terraces and places to enjoy warm and green Medellin.
Good breakfast and restaurants, ad very attentive staff.
It is in the south part of the city, which is the nicest, 5 to 10 minutes cab to lovely shopping malls, bars and restaurants (El Poblado area).
If you are at Medellin, don't miss the botanical garden and specially its restaurant, "In situ". Absolutely superb!!!
It is in the north part of the city, where you can get by taxi or public transportation.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Medellin Hotel Medellin
- Intercontinental Medellin Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Medellin is a resort-like setting just minutes from the bustle of downtown. Whether travelling for business or pleasure, you won t want to miss the Museum of Antioquia, The Medellin Interactive Museum and the Medellin Botanical Garden. El Parque de los Deseos and El Tesoro Shopping Mall both offer a range of entertainment options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Otel and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Medellin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.