“This is the best resturant in Medellin” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
San Francisco, California, United States
“This is the best resturant in Medellin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

The food was incredible at Lucia. After reading reviews on trip advisor I was led to believe that Carmen was the best restaurant here in Medellin, but after eating there I felt I had been duped. I acctualy came across this restaurant just by walking around Parque Lleras and I was so happy to find this place! Lucia has the best Italian food I have found so far in Medellin, and I have tried most of the reviewed Italian restaurants here; I love Italian food and I have lived in Italy for a year and a half.
I went with a friend and we split the gnocchi, a fantastic steak that was straight out of a Flintstones episode that had an amazing Gorgonzola sauce to pour over the roasted potatoes that accompanied the steak and a order of grilled vegetables that was just perfect. I didn't think it could get any better then came desert. Fresh ricotta drizzled with honey and topped with toasted pine nut's and bee pollen. After having so many mediocre to poor meals here in Medellin it was a blessing to find this place!

• Visited February 2012

San Francisco, California
“The Best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We went there for lunch for the first time. Since we were a group of 4, we ordered different dishes to share. We had a dish with white cheese that ooze out when you cut (was delicious!). Tuscan style steak was real good. Grilled vegetable had such a nice flavor, I had to ask how they make it. Steak tar tare was fantastic! Octopus was very tender because they slow cooked for long time. I love that they make Sangria with extra more fruits than other places. We had a few more plates and dessert, and every single dish was tasty and presented beautifully. They totally made me smile! The cuisine is Italian plus touch of International. I was told that Chef Daniel was scouted from N.Y.

It was the best restaurant I went in my entire one month vacation in Colombia in Dec 2011 - Jan 2012. It was such a good experience, I went right back there when I came to Medellin again for business in Feb 2012. This time I took my friend. Again, everything was sooo good, my friend loved everything we had, too!

I think their menu is interesting, food is sophisticated and tasty, decor is nice, and price is reasonable. I’ll definitely come back again and again, and surly recommend to anyone!

• Visited February 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Great Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

We went to Lucia while in Medellin for a wedding when it first opened. The food was amazing, and it had a great atmosphere. We liked it so much we went back again the next night!

• Visited November 2011