“Bewertung Paragliding” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Paraworld Adventure Sports Medellin

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Medellin
Paraworld Adventure Sports Medellin
Calle 8 #43A 89, Medellin, Colombia   |
Medellin, Colombia
“Bewertung Paragliding”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We had a supernice trip up to San Felix!
Mada picked us up with one of their comfortable mini-buses, good music playing in there. We didnt even notice how long it took us to get there.
We were there with 4 people, at this wonderful site, perfect weather and a good mood up there over Bello and Medellin.
Only reason why it's not full points: We couldnt go all 4 at the same time. It was more like a one-at-a-time basis. But as far as I've read, depending on how many guides they have, this is also possible.
Still, I can highly recommend doing the trip with PARAWORLD.CO

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

18 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Gatineau, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

As the previous review, we didn't stay at the hostel since we have relatives living in Medellin.

The experience started with a last minute booking (we decided to go just as we woke up) and it was very pleasant to see how Florian was very helpful, offering us options on what we could do and even offering transportation (a plus if you don't want to get lost in the city).

After a 45 minutes ride we amazed by the view from the San Pedro de los Milagros region. After a few minutes and a technical chat, we were ready to jump and flight. This was my third flight and have to say that was the most pleasant, fantastic and exciting one.

Very professional team and the equipment seems to be well maintained. A great deal!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012 via mobile

We didn't stay at the hostel (though we wish we had now!) but we did the paragliding tour with Florian which was absolutely fantastic, and I'd highly recommend it! I was quite nervous but made to feel completely at ease, and had an amazing time - will definitely be doing it again. Florian is a really sound guy, and if we return to medellin we'll definitely stay at his hostel (and paraglide again!!) thanks florian!

• Stayed March 2012
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

I travelled a lot in my life and saw dozens of hostels but this one hit the spot! It was very clean, well equiped, perfectly located and most importantly, I felt safe and people were super friendly. I recommend it to everybody looking for a place to stay in Medellin! I guess, this is how Switzerland is like - this is the home country of Florian, the owner of the hostel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

New little hostel, extremly friendly staff,
clean (in a long-time traveller's opinion)
no party-hostel, but not very quite either, you can hear all noise from the kitchen, tv, toilets, bedrooms (if there is noise), but did not really bother us.
if you decide to stay here, even if flying is not the main reason, you have to go on a tandem trip with the owner Florian - It is a must, you will not regret!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011 via mobile

The Paraworld hostel was an excellent experience. Florian, the owner, is personable and accommodating. There are lockable storage spaces provided in the dorms, with keys provided by the hostel.

The hostel upholds a no-shoes policy, which keeps the space clean with a home feel. The TV area is a comfortable place to relax and socialize.

The hostel is in a great location: a one minute walk away from some excellent restaurants, and about 5 minutes away from the Poblado metro station, and 10 minutes away from Zona Rosa.  It's also situated a street back from the busy thoroughfare, which keeps the noise down. A good pick for those who are sleep-deprived from the noisy party hostels.

Go on a tandem paragliding flight with Florian! He was safe, professional, and best of all, inexpensive.

• Stayed November 2011
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011 via mobile

I came to Medellin without doing much research on where to stay. A Colombian friend reserved me a spot at Paraworld. At first glance, I wasn't sure if I'd stay more than a night. I was the only guest upon check-in and thought I might get lonely cause it was so quiet. I also chose a room that felt a little cramped.

I checked out some of the other recommended hostels (pit stop, black sheep) on a walk and it was very clear I was in a great spot. The staff let me switch to the more spacious room without any problems and I had that 4 bed and bathroom dorm to myself the entire stay. The other hostels were crowded and didn't appear very well kept or clean. On the other hand, Florian, Paraworld's swiss owner, and his staff keep this modern home-hostel very clean and orderly. Florian is very attentive to his guests. There was an odd smell
Coming from the fridge and he apologized profusely for in and set about getting it fixed right away. I commented on the wifi range not reaching far enough and in that very moment he changed the box's location. The shower door was leaking water and he himself got in and fixed it up.

Like: warm showers and great pressure. Staff there to let you in at all hours (no curfew), big personal lock boxes in the rooms. There's a number of common spaces, two of which are on a open patio (a hammock too), and the other is a cozy living room with a futon couch, flatscreen tv, small laptop for guest use and modern decorations. The kitchen is spacious and has a good collection of plates, silverware, pots/pans amd knives. It's quiet and won't ever be a loud party hostel like the others, but a good place to relax. Good location close to metro, grocery store, and restaurants.

All paragliding trips are done through Florian, an expert paraglider. It's at least 30 minutes by van up to The jump off point and if the weather isn't good you can go
Another day without an additional
charge for the ride up. We ended up changing our flight to another spot with slightly better conditions that was over the small town of Palmitas. There were four of us fliers so Florian called in 3 other guides so we could all fly down one right after the other instead of waiting for each person to return. It was beautiful!

A few downsides were: The bunk mattresses are thin so I could feel the wire frame when laying down. The light switches in the dorm are on the back wall and the only electric plug is in the bathroom above the toilet roll so charging was difficult.
The paragliding flight was advertised as 20-30 mins but mine was 10 minutes or less. Granted this was because of the weather conditions but it would be nice to not pay the full price.

Otherwise I highly recommend this hostel!

• Stayed October 2011

Been to Paraworld Adventure Sports Medellin? Share your experiences!