“Clean, comfortable, and personable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Paraworld Adventure Sports Medellin

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Medellin
Paraworld Adventure Sports Medellin
You added Paraworld Adventure Sports Medellin to your Saves list
Calle 8 #43A 89, Medellin, Colombia   |
“Clean, comfortable, and personable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

The Paraworld hostel was an excellent experience. Florian, the owner, is personable and accommodating. There are lockable storage spaces provided in the dorms, with keys provided by the hostel.

The hostel upholds a no-shoes policy, which keeps the space clean with a home feel. The TV area is a comfortable place to relax and socialize.

The hostel is in a great location: a one minute walk away from some excellent restaurants, and about 5 minutes away from the Poblado metro station, and 10 minutes away from Zona Rosa.  It's also situated a street back from the busy thoroughfare, which keeps the noise down. A good pick for those who are sleep-deprived from the noisy party hostels.

Go on a tandem paragliding flight with Florian! He was safe, professional, and best of all, inexpensive.

• Stayed November 2011

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

I came to Medellin without doing much research on where to stay. A Colombian friend reserved me a spot at Paraworld. At first glance, I wasn't sure if I'd stay more than a night. I was the only guest upon check-in and thought I might get lonely cause it was so quiet. I also chose a room that felt a little cramped.

I checked out some of the other recommended hostels (pit stop, black sheep) on a walk and it was very clear I was in a great spot. The staff let me switch to the more spacious room without any problems and I had that 4 bed and bathroom dorm to myself the entire stay. The other hostels were crowded and didn't appear very well kept or clean. On the other hand, Florian, Paraworld's swiss owner, and his staff keep this modern home-hostel very clean and orderly. Florian is very attentive to his guests. There was an odd smell
Coming from the fridge and he apologized profusely for in and set about getting it fixed right away. I commented on the wifi range not reaching far enough and in that very moment he changed the box's location. The shower door was leaking water and he himself got in and fixed it up.

Like: warm showers and great pressure. Staff there to let you in at all hours (no curfew), big personal lock boxes in the rooms. There's a number of common spaces, two of which are on a open patio (a hammock too), and the other is a cozy living room with a futon couch, flatscreen tv, small laptop for guest use and modern decorations. The kitchen is spacious and has a good collection of plates, silverware, pots/pans amd knives. It's quiet and won't ever be a loud party hostel like the others, but a good place to relax. Good location close to metro, grocery store, and restaurants.

All paragliding trips are done through Florian, an expert paraglider. It's at least 30 minutes by van up to The jump off point and if the weather isn't good you can go
Another day without an additional
charge for the ride up. We ended up changing our flight to another spot with slightly better conditions that was over the small town of Palmitas. There were four of us fliers so Florian called in 3 other guides so we could all fly down one right after the other instead of waiting for each person to return. It was beautiful!

A few downsides were: The bunk mattresses are thin so I could feel the wire frame when laying down. The light switches in the dorm are on the back wall and the only electric plug is in the bathroom above the toilet roll so charging was difficult.
The paragliding flight was advertised as 20-30 mins but mine was 10 minutes or less. Granted this was because of the weather conditions but it would be nice to not pay the full price.

Otherwise I highly recommend this hostel!

• Stayed October 2011

Been to Paraworld Adventure Sports Medellin? Share your experiences!