“First class service at the front desk” 4 of 5 stars

HOSTAL CASA RAM
2.0 of 5 Inn   |   Calle 11 A No. 42 -05, Medellin 00574, Colombia   |
Ranked #4 of 78 Medellin B&B and Inns
Prague, Czech Republic
“First class service at the front desk”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

We stayed three nights in this hostal. We were impressed by the kindness of the staff at the front desk. They had no problem paying our travel on Viva Colombia with their own credit card as you need a Colombian credit card. They also helped us finding a more suitable room and ensured it was kept free. It is excellent quality for money. The only downside when we stayed is that simulataneously there was a large group of guests which were drinking and singing all night and kept us awake and they all got up at 6:00 am also not respecting other guests. Bad luck I guess.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Quito, Ecuador
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I was in Medellin for four days/3 nights for work - stupidly, I stayed at a $60/night hotel for the first two nights, and this was a HUGE mistake. RAM was squeaky clean, huge, had strong internet (in the common areas, but there's plenty of seating at tables and couches to work from), the private rooms were perfect (I was forced to choose between the one with the lovely ambient noise from a waterfall and the one that gets good sun in the morning, talk about twisting my arm), the kitchen was great, the people were so nice, the location was excellent - I could go on and on. I didn't get a big party feel (there weren't many guests) but since I was there for work, this was exactly what I was hoping for. I like a hard mattress, so I was happy, and slept like a rock. If I am ever in Medellin for business again, I will forget the stupid stuffy hotels and go straight to Casa Ram.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a week. From the moment I arrived, George (the owner) showed me around emphasising on the various amenities - Big fully facilitated kitchen, 40inch flat screen TV, seating area, computer, swimming pool, ample toilets and showers (with hot water and great pressure) - that I should make myself at home! With the supermarket a minute walk away it wasn't difficult. The metro is a 10 walk. The location is in an affluent area, which makes the reasonable prices if the rooms seem surprisingly low for all you get. The bedrooms and bathrooms are unusual and are cleaned everyday by wonderful girls. I can't recommend this hostel highly enough. For a single female traveller I felt safe and well looked after.

• Stayed September 2013
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights. It was a lovely place, a great reprieve from the busyness of Medellin. Fantastic location near some great restaurants and places to go out in the evening. Just a 10 minute walk to the metro stop. The owner and other staff are super friendly and helpful. I wasn't too impressed by the pool (seemed a bit dirty) but it could be a good dip if it gets really hot.
It was nice to have some coffee in the morning.
We had a private room, and this is where I knock off a star - we had originally booked a regular room with a private bathroom, and there was a mix up that resulted in our having to change rooms after the first night. We ended up in an upgraded suite which was nice (though the open bathroom ceiling, shower in dirty jacuzzi, and no door was a little offputting). However, we also ended up paying the upgraded price as well, which wouldn't have happened if the reservation had gone as expected. I feel as though many hotels would eat the cost since it was their error, but we did pay the higher rate. But as this was the only issue we had, I'd still recommend the place.

Room Tip: I didn't see the dorms, but heard good things. Think the private rooms and suites are slightly o...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at Hostal Casa Ram. The staff are excellent and friendly, the dorm rooms are clean and comfortable. The bathroom area is clean with wonderful showers. The pool is very relaxing. Also you can take a yoga class there with a great guy named Miquel, he is an excellent teacher and gives you a wonderful yoga experience.
I would recommend this place to people who want a relaxing time, on the weekends it was full with some party people but during the week it is very calm and peaceful with the party if you want just a short walk across the street to Parque Lleras. It is very close to to Parque del Poblado, and very short walk to the metro. Great location, great service and a great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

The Casa Ram hostel / hotel is close to public transport, across the road from a suermarket and an easy place to stay.
In less than ten minutes you can walk to the meto station and go to the cable car that takes you up to the crowded, noisy, fascinating area on the side of the mountains.

Jorge and Pablo are a very helpful and speaks English. The kitchen is well equipped with a central island of three gas rings.
Great shower block wth sunflower heads, almost instant hot water rwith good pressure. The dorm sleeps 14 in 7 bunk beds. There are no windows but open wooden slats high in the wall. Guests sleep with the heavy steel door open. It feels safe and secure.

The pool and garden are a bonus. It is easy to forget the city is just outside the front door.
The Casa Ram was one of three hostels recommended to me by the young man at the tourist office in the bus station. It was a good choice and I stayed four nights

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
helvetia61
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

i staied in this hostal for a week in february. The hostal is awsome with a private garden that realy make you feel in peace, the room was clean and the staff were very friendly and helpfull . in a 10 minutes walk you can reach the metro station of el pueblado that brings you everywhere. The locacion of the hostal is great in a very good neighborhood.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to HOSTAL CASA RAM? Share your experiences!