“What a great place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Molicie Hotel

You added Molicie Hotel to your Saves list
Molicie Hotel
3.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   Calle 54 77D-32 | Barrio Los Colores, Medellin 05001000, Colombia   |
Ranked #4 of 91 Hotels in Medellin
Kansas City, Missouri
“What a great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Molicie Casa Hotel is in a very safe and calm part of the city, yet is only a short distance from the Metro, a major street with bus service, and shopping and restaurants. Better than this, however, is the personal and friendly service from both management and staff. You will feel like you are part of the family because that is the way you are treated!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
molicie, Director General at Molicie Hotel, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Congratulations enjoyed Molicie privileged location and offers all the benefits that our format, we are pleased that you enjoyed the warmth also in attendance.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Brussels, Belgium
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

We chose the Casa Hotel because of the great reviews it had on Tripadviser. 3rd hotel in Medellin based on 50 or so reviews; that must be something fantastic. We got however the choc of our life. The decorum of the room is spartan, furniture is old. Except for the box springs which were allright. The location in a residential area is not too bad. Calle 80 is nice enough to get something to eat and the Metro is a 15 min stroll. The worse part was that the Casa did not acknowledge the booking made through Booking and we had to argue our way in (after a 6 hours bus ride). Our booking was made for a 2 persons room with 2 beds with private bathroom. The Casa however wanted COP 35.000 more, otherwise we could stay in a room with 1 bed with shared facilities. The statement in English didn't convince and it took a whole lot of discussing and the intervention of la Jefe -who we never saw- to settle it finally. In spite of many reviews we found the breakfast not appealing at all. A burnt omlette with two oily breadsticks and cold coffee (juice and fruits were good). This is certainly not my nr 3 hotel in Medellin. I would give it a miss unless you're desperate or like to stay in a hostel and pay the price of a hotel.

• Stayed May 2012
molicie, Director General at Molicie Hotel, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Many of the stocks of Molicie Casa Hotel are received by the reputation and the reputation is supported on the califiaciones and comments. This is evidenced by the high marks from many clients and their rating of rooms, service, location and cleanliness.

We work hard to meet the special needs and requirements of each visit from the time of booking to provide the services requested. We apologize for the difficulties in communication and dissatisfaction. I was actually doing complicated requests contrary to those made by his partner on the phone one day before date of arrival, although he was given some changes FREE YOUR MIND, all courtesy of the hotel, trying to improve your stay.
San Diego, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

There are many reasons to recommend this hotel. The staff are very kind and helpful. It's located in a residential neighborhood, so it's very quiet. The rooms are kept sparklingly clean. The daily breakfasts were delicious and varied, and could be eaten in the dining area or staff would bring to your room. For lunch and dinner, there is a small mall (El Mediteraneo) within walking distance that contains several restaurants. I already have my reservation for my next trip to Medellin.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
molicie, Director General at Molicie Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
The hotel service Molicie House takes care of details such as cleaning admired bright, the choice at breakfast, so that each visit will become good memories.
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

For anyone thinking about staying at Casa Molicie think no more and book it. My experience at this Hotel was far and beyond from what I ever expected from any place in Colombia!

Let's start with the service. This is where Casa Molicie just breaks the charts. The costumer care is tremendously good here, I can't even remember being treated so good anywhere else in any part of the world. The attention to detail, the urgency to serve you, the willingness to show you Colombia and to cater to all your needs was too good to even describe. I'll have to mention that Christian ( Hotel staff ) made my trip to Medellin 100 times better!

Location: This is the second best part of this hotel. Casa Molicie is located in a very nice and quiet neighborhood and close to Avenue #80. The most important part about the location is the silence. Medellin is a very busy city and noisy, staying at the heart of it would had made it very hard to sleep at night. The neighborhood is very quiet, tranquil and nice. I walked around day and night without any problems or scares. Avenue #80 is definitely worth walking if you are looking for a snack or a meal. There's also supermarkets, pharmacies and such. Metro station is about 10-15 minute walk.

Cleanliness: I give them 5 stars here as well. They keep a very clean house from the rooms to the pool to the Jacuzzi, they pay attention to detail.

Amenities: Free wiFi, pool, Jacuzzi, Sauna, restaurant, bar, Free breakfast. The wiFi which is the most important part when I book a hotel was very fast. I was able to do all my business every time I got to the hotel at night. I dint use the pool or Sauna but had a beer around the area and it's very nice and quiet.

To summarize it all I would definitely stay again, in fact I wouldn't look anywhere else. Thanks to the staff of this hotel for all the help and care, you guys made me feel at home!

Room Tip: I had the cheapest room which was ok for 1-2 persons. It has a desk, closet, bed and restroom. Highe...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
molicie, Director de Recepción at Molicie Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Serve with warm, we like to leave up to the country name.
It's nice to enjoy an exclusive and traditional Medellin, and live in the renowned hotel paisa culture.
We take care of the details that people like you value, cleanliness, variety and tranquility.
Thank you for letting us take care of his visit in his "home"
Miami Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

Tonight is my last night at Molicie Casa and I cannot say enough good things about this location. Safe, clean but most of all the kindness and attention of the staff. Everyone makes you feel like family because they are a family. Breakfast was a treat to look forward to. My room was cleaned to perfection daily. The beds are very comfortable. The ambiance was perfect. The high speed internet which is an important factor for me was just that high speed. My Spanish language skills are limited but all the staff made every effort to understand me and provide me with direction and assistance. Taxi service around the city is fast, safe and reliable and the staff sees to it that the drivers conduct you to your destination. I travel often and throughout Latin America and I give Molicie Casa five stars. I will be returning!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
We appreciate your kindness to the staff, for them it was a pleasure to serve you.
Appreciated take care of the details for future visits.
bello
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

excellent location, great managed service cuisine with very high quality and personalized for customer satisfaction as one, for rest rooms comfortable pleasant, recreation area very familiar.

Which makes me more surprising is the human quality of people we receive in this Casahotel

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
We are delighted that his family have enjoyed the recreational areas, dining Service and treatment of staff.
PalmBeach Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2010

We stayed a month at Casa Molicie. Upon arriving our taxi driver could not find the place because it has no signage displayed on the building identifying it as a hotel. After several attempts at asking neighbors if they ever hear of the place (they did not), our patient taxi driver used his cell to call the number of the "hotel". Lucky enough the housekeeper answered the phone and came down to let us in. As there is no management on the premises...ever, except the part-time maid ,who seems to run the show, albeit very poorly ,with an attitude to match, the owner showed up to greet us. We agreed on the double room for a month long stay. There are five rooms, and three shared bathrooms.
My major complaint was the apathy of the owners towards their guests once they
get paid, which is on the spot before you even get to your room. The bathroom we used
was shared with two to four other men at a time, and never cleaned in a month! My husband and I took it upon ourselves to clean it on a daily basis. The housekeeper showed up , but did not clean . At times we did not have toilet paper and had to buy our own. I felt at times pettiness and stinginess were more prevalent than the hospitality part of running a hotel. The place is inconveniently located, since getting anywhere involves the interchange of two metro lines. On our last day we left with not even a thank you, or good bye. Instead of checking us out themselves, they sent the maid over to shut off the wi-fi and cable in our room while we were out having breakfast. It is painfully obvious the owners are inexperienced and run the place as an afterthought.
It is closer to a BOARDING HOUSE, rather than a hotel. You should be prepared for what you get for the money; a mediocre room with very basic amenities, no management on the premises, and a dirty bathroom.
Good Luck!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Consider their views turn as partial.
During his stay at the Bed & Breakfast was treated with the high quality of service. His attention tube without strong apathy success with hotel staff, ensured that only the comodiada of all guests who patiently shared their stay with your own.
They received a welcome from the owners and could not be a farewell for his refusal to comuncar salidad an hour.
We regret that no despedidad h made ​​a cordial, but try not to disturb in the least and as much privacy as possible propocionarles during the long journey into the house.
Apparently he felt more comfortable to take food from the kitchen staff when he was absent, that to receive the usual servcio.
There was very little access to his room and graciously accept your request to deliver the linen replacement at the door.
We'd love to enjoy a real service at the most guests.

Been to Molicie Hotel? Share your experiences!