“Exceeded my expectations” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Ibague
Los Angeles
“Exceeded my expectations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2007

I was nervous about visiting Colombia and based on things I had read on the internet was not expecting much for our accommodations. I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived at this hotel. The setting was beautiful, each room I believe has a view of the lovely hillside and pool area. The pool area is great, I wish I had brought my suit. They also have three jacuzzi tubs. The massages are cheap (around $25 for an hour) but the spa is definitely without perks. The rooms were clean and definitely adequately appointed. We had breakfast included in our room rate, and they brought it to us in bed. The room service was quick and very hospitablet. Also, housekeeping and laundry were top notch. The restaurant was a lovely setting, though service was definitely slow-though this seems to be a citywide trait. Also, the hotel has good security at the entrance of the hotel property. I was told by the locals that this is the best hotel in the city and based on my experience I would agree.

• Liked — value
  • Disliked — slow service in restaurant
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)

Been to Hotel Estelar Altamira? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Estelar Altamira

Address: Carrera 1, #45-50, Ibague, Colombia
Location: Colombia > Tolima Department > Ibague
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Ibague
Hotel Class:4 star — Hotel Estelar Altamira 4*
Located in the mountains of the Cordillera Central, the Mercure Ibague Altamira is ideal for a business trip or holiday. 5 minutes from the airport and a few minutes from the business and financial districts of the city, the hotel features 102 deluxe rooms and 6 suites, a heated swimming pool, two tennis courts, a gym, games room, spa, two restaurants and several function rooms ideal for meetings, conferences and unforgettable social events. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Estelar Altamira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Sofitel Ibague

If you own or manage Hotel Estelar Altamira, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.