Avoid this place at all costs. Also avoid their booking agent - FM Travel. They will both rip you off.
We stayed at this 'resort' for a few nights in Feb 2013 with a group of friends.
My comments are:
1. Hotel transfer wasn't big enough to fit everyone in
2. Check in took forever and was very unorganized.
3. Our room was different to what we ordered (As was others in our group - Honeymooners received 2 single beds)
4. Wifi requires a passcode from reception everytime you connect and only available in the lobby
5. Rooms are very dated
6. Food is horrible. Truly horrible.
7. Drink service is very slow and since drinks are inclusive, the glasses are probably only 100ml. So you are constantly at the bar asking for more drinks.
8. Staff are generally very unhelpful.
9. They lost our bookings for the Decameron Baru resort and claimed we did not have bookings. (Despite having evidence showing booking and payment being made.
10. Booking agent (owned by Decameron) has charged my credit card twice.
11. Management are useless and refuse to do anything.
I cannot stress enough, do not stay at this hotel.
Do however go to Cartagena, beautiful place. Go explore the old town and fort.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Decameron Cartagena reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Decameron Cartagena Hotel Cartagena
- Hotel Decameron Cartagena
- Cartagena Decameron Hotel
- Decameron Hotel Cartagena