Inicially I was a bit hesitant to stay in an chain hotel , though a luxury one. But it turned out that we couldn´t have made a better choice. The setting in the venerable Santa Clara convent at Plaza San Diego, facing the sea at the back side cannot be surpassed. You may want to sit all day and night in the patio and enjoy the tamed jungle and the gorgous vaults of the loggia. Don´t miss to have dinner there at the restaurant Refectorio. The French chef is am magicien. One may think it is easy to run a luxury hotel, where the guests pay double the rate of an ordinary good hotel, but they really do the extra bit to make your stay memorable. The staff tries to find out your wishes even before you realize you have them. Even in its category the Santa Clara is a rare find.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built as a convent in 1621, the Sofitel Santa Clara is a legendary landmark in the heart of Cartagena's walled city. Transformed into a luxury hotel in 1995, the Sofitel Santa Clara, unique in style, combines the allure of history with local hospitality and the art of French savoir-faire. Mixing Colonial and Republican-style architecture with modern comfort, the hotel features gourmet cuisine, exceptional service, a world-class spa, meeting facilities and state of the art technology for events, conventions and weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, ACCOR, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Sofitel Legend Santa Clara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Santa Clara Hotel Cartagena
- Sofitel Hotel Santa Clara
- Sofitel Cartagena
- Cartagena Sofitel