The property is beyond beautiful. There was some construction and some other hiccups which the management handled very poorly.
However, Carmello from the staff, Carlos from the concierge and Luz from Guest Relations made sure that our stay was extraordinary despite the hiccups. I am very grateful for their grace and creativity in making sure we had a five-star experience. They are the ones who should really be managing that hotel.
The manager on the other hand had no people skills and was a miserable person who made us very angry and almost turned us off from the Sofitel entirely.
My recommendation is that if you do visit this property, stay close to the staff and as far away from the upper management as possible.
In addition, the pool and 1621 restaurant are exquisite. Probably the nicest in the city and very safe as there were at least 5 armed officers at all times.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built as a convent in 1621, the Sofitel Santa Clara is a legendary landmark in the heart of Cartagena's walled city. Transformed into a luxury hotel in 1995, the Sofitel Santa Clara, unique in style, combines the allure of history with local hospitality and the art of French savoir-faire. Mixing Colonial and Republican-style architecture with modern comfort, the hotel features gourmet cuisine, exceptional service, a world-class spa, meeting facilities and state of the art technology for events, conventions and weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, ACCOR, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Sofitel Legend Santa Clara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Santa Clara Hotel Cartagena
- Sofitel Hotel Santa Clara
- Sofitel Cartagena
- Cartagena Sofitel