My husband and I recently returned from a 5-night stay at the Sofitel Santa Clara and cannot recommend it enough. We are avid travelers and have stayed at many high end properties throughout the world and this was one of, if not THE, best in terms of service and ambiance. I worked with concierge Leslie Gomez prior to our arrival on several tour and restaurant reservations and everything was done flawlessly. The hotel is a restored convent dating back to 1621 and they have done a great job of maintaining much of the original feel to the common areas. We had booked a room on the fifth floor which offers butler service which was a fabulous service. We've stayed in other properties with butlers, but never felt they were really an added value. At the Sofitel, this was quite different. The butlers were all outgoing and very invested in the guests having a great experience. They were often one step ahead of us in planning out our days in terms of timing and logistics. Given our early morning flights on the day of departure, they even arranged for a lovely breakfast tray to be delivered free of charge so we wouldn't be leaving with empty stomachs! The food at the hotel was very good as well although we usually skipped the wonderful breakfast buffet to experience some of the street food in the plaza outside the hotel. Room service came almost comically quickly and was very tasty - the meatball pizza was one of the best we've ever had!
The sleeping rooms were spacious, clean and well-appointed, but perhaps just a touch less lavish than you might expect given the rest of the property. This is not an inexpensive place to stay, but you are really paying for an entire experience rather than a place to lay your head. Highly recommended!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built as a convent in 1621, the Sofitel Santa Clara is a legendary landmark in the heart of Cartagena's walled city. Transformed into a luxury hotel in 1995, the Sofitel Santa Clara, unique in style, combines the allure of history with local hospitality and the art of French savoir-faire. Mixing Colonial and Republican-style architecture with modern comfort, the hotel features gourmet cuisine, exceptional service, a world-class spa, meeting facilities and state of the art technology for events, conventions and weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, ACCOR, Odigeo, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Sofitel Legend Santa Clara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Santa Clara Hotel Cartagena
- Sofitel Hotel Santa Clara
- Sofitel Cartagena
- Cartagena Sofitel