The hotel is situated in an restaurated old convent . The building is marvelous. The rooms, the pool and the spa are situated in a more modern building whose style matches with the historic one.
The staff is very gentle and the rooms big, silent and clean.
Breakfast is very good. Be sure to taste the "granadilla" a fantastic local fruit.
We recommend a couple of hours destinated to relax at the splendid spa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built as a convent in 1621, the Sofitel Santa Clara is a legendary landmark in the heart of Cartagena's walled city. Transformed into a luxury hotel in 1995, the Sofitel Santa Clara, unique in style, combines the allure of history with local hospitality and the art of French savoir-faire. Mixing Colonial and Republican-style architecture with modern comfort, the hotel features gourmet cuisine, exceptional service, a world-class spa, meeting facilities and state of the art technology for events, conventions and weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, ACCOR and Tingo so you can book your Sofitel Legend Santa Clara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Santa Clara Hotel Cartagena
- Sofitel Hotel Santa Clara
- Sofitel Cartagena
- Cartagena Sofitel