“What I was promised by the manager wasn't provided delivered” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel Luna Nueva
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   Calle Medialuna 10-36, Cartagena 222, Colombia   |
Ranked #49 of 127 Cartagena B&B and Inns
Hong Kong, China
“What I was promised by the manager wasn't provided delivered”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I made a reservation for this place via expedia. When I arrived I was told that there must be an issue at the expedia side of things as they didn't have my reservation. Obviously I can't comment on where the issue in the end to reservation process (ie whether with expedia or with the hotel). This is the 1st time though I've been told that there's such an issue when making a booking with Expedia so at the mo I wonder if the issue was with the hotel?

Nueva Luna seems to be quite an enterprise that they have though. Right next door to Nueva Luna Hostal is Nueva Luna Hostel.

I was told that the hotel was full. The guy who appeared to the manager owner told me that he had another place immediately round the corner and that I could stay there instead. While I was waiting for them to come up with an answer in Nueva Luna, I had a quick look in the bedroom nearest the reception desk. I was surprised to see that for a hostal, the 1st thing inside was a bunk bed. There was a constant coming and going of backpackers. I couldn't help wonder if this place would have been better labelled as a hostel and not a hostal.

At the place I was taken to round the corner had no dorms and from what I can gather no bunk beds. I was taken to a room on the 2nd floor. I specifically asked if the wifi worked in this bedroom and was told 'yes'. After the manager guy disappeared and I got settled in, I tried the wifi and it most certainly didn't work. The signal strength from the router at reception wasn't strong enough due to the distance. I asked another person involved in the running of the place when I was there if the wifi worked on the 2nd floor. I was told 'no'. Thus the comment from the guy before about the wifi working in this room seems to have been nonsense. Hence why I am rating this place with the score I am awarding it.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
San Francisco, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

My girlfriend and I have been staying here for about a week and we love it! The staff is extremely friendly and welcoming. The rooms are clean and well-kept. We have a spacious room with AC; it's a great value. The open air common areas are extremely comfortable and the kitchen is clutch. The environment here is quiet; yet sociable when people choose to be. I'd recommend this place to anyone looking for a great place to stay in the heart of Media Luna street in Cartegena. Oh, the owner speaks great English as well, so anyone with limited Spanish skills will be right at home.

Room Tip: Go with the room near the balcony.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Luna Nueva? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Luna Nueva

Address: Calle Medialuna 10-36, Cartagena 222, Colombia
Location: Colombia > Bolivar Department > Cartagena District > Cartagena
Ranked #49 of 127 B&Bs / Inns in Cartagena
Hotel Class:3 star — Hotel Luna Nueva 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Luna Nueva reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Hotel Luna Nueva, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.