“"HEAVEN ON EARTH"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Les Lezards Bed & Breakfast

You added Les Lezards Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
Les Lezards Bed & Breakfast
2.5 of 5 Guest house   |   Calle de las Chancletas 10B-39, Cartagena, Colombia   |
Ranked #1 of 113 Cartagena B&B and Inns
Las Vegas, Nevada
“"HEAVEN ON EARTH"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

may i have everybody attention please:
if you ever plan on visiting cartagena the one and only place i will recommend all to stay is:
Lez Lezards Bed & Breakfast!!!
after visiting cartagena over dozens times and stay 1-5 stars hotels,
out of all hotels / motels in this amazing romantic place (cartagena) there is absolutely no better place to stay!!!! there is no need to spend more time looking or checking other places you must trust me on that.
first location:
you are in the heart of everything cartagena has to offer. you will have the luxury to know and feel the definition of: cartagena. so if you ever consider make a permanent living you already made the right and best decision. location is everything!!!! you will find it in your stay.
walking distance to the old city, nearby restaurants, bars, museums, ocean, art, music, nature,
tourist, locals you name it.......
safety: as you enter Lez Lezards Bed & Breakfast you are safe period. first the outside and around physicality location of this romantic place is more than safe its welcoming and friendly.
when you get inside you cover with amazing energetical protection, love, harmony, meditation, peace, nature, healing, energy that is not existing anywhere on this earth period. i was traveling all around the world when i describe this place you must trust me on that!!!!
ROOMS:
Clean, smell amazing, quite with privacy with amazing natural skylight, a/c and most of all extremely romantic.
Transportation:
All you need, all you want at any time.
Food:
Best breakfast you will ever have period! you will know it before your first bite!!!
hospitality:
you will never find better breakfast, i will not describe you must go and experience!!! there are some things that is better to let you experience yourself breakfast in this place is one of them.
you will find a very welcoming surprise walking in this heaven environment that will make you smile in and out! again i will not let you know what, you must be there to see and feel.
there are so many CEO's hotels in this world that means absolutely nothing to me same CEO's you will never see in your life!!!! not in this place my friends, here things are opposite....
except of this amazing person owning this one of a kind place, take care of it personally with tons of love, positive energy, knowledge, protection, welcoming, supporting, patient and much more this incredible person has huge pure heart that his simplicity personality will make your stay enjoyable and unforgettable. This amazing person calls: Marcus.
After you will experience you stay at Lez Lezards Bed & Breakfast you will finally understand the meaning of the magical word: "VACATION".
you will finally understand the ULTIMATE vacation you always dream of. you will understand what is the most important in having vacation....so hard to explain again you must be there to understand.
my final words:
For all those that plans on traveling to this romantic place call cartagena( i know can't demand but if i could i would :))))))) i will more than highly recommend to stay only at:
Lez Lezards Bed & Breakfast.
"HEAVEN ON EARTH".
"ONE OF A KIND"
"LIFETIME EXPERIENCE".

now if you made it all the way down here to the little final words i can tell you that i live in las vegas USA so you know that i am more than familiar in "luxury hotel industry" on top of that my girlfriend is from colombia, i am telling you that because this review is based on same exact and even more local person thoughts along with tons of traveling
hotels experiences around the world.

HALELUYA.

Room Tip: All rooms are perfect. ask for the one that has natural skylight in the shower.....:))))
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Beautiful, beautiful, slice of Cartagena. I can only reiterate the other reviews, but despite the luxe accommodations and amenities, Marcus, the owner, was the real cherry on top. Incredibly generous, very helpful, simply superlative.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Thanks to Marcus and his attentive staff, my wife and I had a comfortable and relaxing stay in Cartagena. The hotel is walking or taxi distance to everything you would want to see or do, the breakfast was delicious every morning, the rooms and courtyards are comfortable and unique, and there is no better place to stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I reserved a single room with a shared bathroom weeks in advance. The owner contacted me several times prior to my arrival, including the morning of, to ask if everything was okay, if I needed a ride from the airport, etc.
When I got to the house a lady working at the house received me with the bad news that my room had a plumbing issue and thus I could not be accommodated in the house. But by talking to the other guests present I learned that these guests had booked the entire house (they were very surprised to see me trying to check in). So the real reason why I had no room was overbooking. Not only did the owner overbooked the room, but also I was not informed of it even the very morning of my arrival when I got a call from the hotel to check that everything was okay with me.
To make matters more unprofessional and disrespectful, the owner, Marcus, never met me in person—not even during the evening or the following day. Only through phone and email did I have to deal with the issue. He offered me to stay at some hotel I don't know for the same price, and I refused. Luckily, he did agree to a full reimbursement of my money.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
marcus l, Owner at Les Lezards Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Hello David,

I'm sorry that you have been so disappointed. The employees of the house and myself strive to make everything for our guests to have a great stay at our place and we did the same for you.

We received your booking through Expedia. You did not include your e-mail in the reservation, just your US phone number. I personally called you in the States from Cartagena to confirm your booking and offer to pick you up at the airport and did all I could to take care of you in the best way.

When, in the morning before your arrival, the water pressure died in the bathroom of your room, I called a plumber and he was not able to repair it without making a big hole in the floor. I could not give you a room in that conditions.

I immediately looked for an alternative room for you. It wasn't an easy task as the majority of places were booked. But I got you a room with the same characteristics, more expensive, but of course without any charges for you.

The employees at the house, Manuela and Epi had the order to inform you about the plumbing issue and take you to the other place and that's what they did when you arrived. They also informed you that you would not have to pay anything extra.

You refused and then you left with a vehicle that was waiting for you. We talked on the phone and you asked me for a refund and I told you that I would immediately do all the requests for Expedia to refund you and this is exactly what I did. I called you several times and mailed to you my correspondence with Expedia. You have been refunded. I also offered you my apologies for all the inconveniences.

I also asked you where you were staying to meet with you but you told me you didn’t know.

It is not true that a group booked the full house. There was a family that booked 6 out of 7 rooms. The room that was on your name was La Mer, one of the largest in the guesthouse, the one on the left when entering the house that has an independent access from the street. That room had no guests, it was empty.

I understand the inconvenience of not being able to check-in normally. But what happened is an accident that is not under our control. We did not do anything on purpose to damage you. We did not leave you without any lodging alternative. We did not leave you alone.

Again I am sorry for what happened and hope that we’ll have another occasion to serve you better.

Marcus
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Marcus owns this small, fun, B&B right around the corner from all the best bars and restaurants in Getsemami, which is the hub of most of the nightlife in Cartegena and the one area that manages to be both safe and still authentic Colombia. It's only a few minutes' walk to the walled city, which is admittedly more picturesque but also way more touristy and a bit whitewashed. Getsemani is not for everyone, but if you want to go out and have a good time in Cargtena, it's worth checking out for sure. Lez Lezards is not luxury by any means, but it is clean and comfortable and roomy and the price can't be beat in Cartegena, which is surprisingly expensive. Marcus is a great guy, very relaxed and easy to talk to - he speaks a multitude of languages (including English) and that makes things easier for most. He's also really helpful and if you need him to help you make a phone call or whatever, he does whatever he can to help. Overall, I would definitely recommend staying here - it's inexpensive, charming and clean and it's in a really interesting neighborhood, close to everything. Plus it has AC which is an absolute must. What more could you ask for?
Thanks, Marcus, for making our trip to Cartegena very memorable!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
San Salvador, El Salvador
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We loved our stay at Le Lezard. The location was perfect for us in Getsemani, easy walk to great restaurants and casco viejo. Marcus the owner is a fantastic host, he goes out of his way to help you and give you great suggestions. The rooms are all full of small details that are greatly appreciated, plenty of good books and magazines to read inside, the rooms are bright with AC, they are kept perfectly clean, the bathroom is spacious the beds and pillows comfy. Breakfast is plentiful. You can´t really ask for more. We would definitely stay here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Vienna, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Marcus and his staff are very helpful and attentive. The house is really nice and they manage to maintain everything really tidy even in the middle of remodeling works. The rooms was very nice, clean and cozy, very good air conditioning, the decor is nice and beautiful, lots of books in the room. My favorite place was the shower, It has no ceiling, so you can see the sky and hear all kinds of birds.
The house is located in the neighborhood of Getsemani, (6 blocks from the clock tower gate to enter the historic district), here lots of actual Cartagenian families still lives which makes it more interesting than el centro, there are lots of B&B and backpackers moving around. I went for a quick business trip but wanted to avoid the regular chain hotels, I loved the experience. I walked a little at night and meet a really nice lady selling typical cartagenian desserts (masamorra de platano) in front of her house for less than a dollar and sit to chat with her and his friend for while. The breakfast was really nice, and there was even a little tortoise walking around trying to get some bread

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Les Lezards Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!