“Not recommended, overpriced” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Cartagena Morros

You added Holiday Inn Cartagena Morros to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Cartagena Morros
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Anillo Vial Cra. 9 no. 34-166 La Boquilla, Cartagena 130002, Colombia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #36 of 124 Hotels in Cartagena
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bogota, Colombia
“Not recommended, overpriced”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Personnel always tried to be helpful, but service is so slow... more than 1/2 hour for the checkin. Restaurant is very expensive, for a poor quality, looks like pre-cooked food. Swimming pool bar is more than expensive : a piña colada is COP 24,000 + service which is VERY expensive for Colombia. Swimming pool is too small for the number of rooms.
I'm sure you'll easily find another better option.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
HotelCtg, Revenue Manager at Holiday Inn Cartagena Morros, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

On behalf our work team we are grateful for let us know your suggestions, and share your experience. We appreciate your comments. Rest assured that we have taken the necessary corrective actions to prevent recurrence of similar situations again. In pool areas we are developing different activities in order to offer more options for the rest.
In our Company, is very important improving and optimized our process every day in order to offer positive experiences to our guests. we want invite you back to come back and let us be your host again in the city.

Revene Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Pompano Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Great hotel with excellent personnel. Got room with balcony and magnificent beach view. Hotel located right on the beach on a quite area out of the walled city. Cab rides were consistently charged at 12,000 Colombian pesos and all drivers were very courteous and friendly. Breakfast was good but a bit expensive. It was great to return back to hotel after a busy day in the city.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelCtg, Revenue Manager at Holiday Inn Cartagena Morros, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Mr. Cruz,

We are glad you enjoyed your stay in our Hotel. Is very motivational for us when the guest found the relaxing and satisfaction they was looking for. Thank you for let us know your experience, we hope to be your host again when you come back to Cartagena.

Best regards,

Long Island City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Location is quiet and away from nightlife but this hotel is overpriced and expensive. Cab rides are 15000 to 30000 anywhere , hotel internet was horrible, the gym was too small. The hotel room is nice and the shower as well but the laundry was expensive and breakfast cost 16 american bucks a piece which is nuts if you ask me. Its good hotel if you want to through money away.

Room Tip: more of a business hotel but not romantic or for single people
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
HotelCtg, Revenue Manager at Holiday Inn Cartagena Morros, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear Mr. Erik,

Thank you for your review and being so detailed in the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. I truly value the bad comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer to improve your stay. We will address these points and I hope when you return you will see the improvements made.

Universal City, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stayed here Aug. 10th & enjoyed it. I had a room with a balcony. It had a great view of the beach. There are only a few of them so make sure your reservation says it has a balcony. I ate dinner & breakfast in the hotel & both were wonderful experiences. I had a local dish for dinner, seafood & the breakfast buffet the following morning. The hotel is extremely close to the airport yet still a short & inexpensive taxi ride to the old town or bocanegra. The staff is very courteous & attentive. I did not use the pool, but went out to see it & it is small. But who care...the beach is right there!! I will definitely stay here again my next trip to Cartagena

Room Tip: Standard Rooms face the lagoon: Only balcony rooms have beach view. Knowing this wil ensure you are...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
HotelCtg, Revenue Manager at Holiday Inn Cartagena Morros, responded to this review, September 2, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for let us know your positive experience in our Hotel. Your comments are realy important for our team, it means that we are in the right way. We hope to have the honnor of to be your host in Cartagena again.

Cartagena, Colombia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I want to share with everybody as well recommended to come to this hotel is super clean, efficient staff also great continental breakfast , with beach acces , nice pool , wi-fi flat tv , modern and quite ahhh great value , taxi ride usually goes for $10.000 pesos and friendly drivers , Holiday inn I see u next time

Room Tip: I made reservation for standard room and I update for nite $20.000 pesos and we got king size bed an...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

This is an excellent hotel in Cartagena for the money. It is modern, very clean, and has a friendly and competent staff. It is located on "hotel row" on a narrow stretch of land that connects "new" Cartagena with the Old City of Cartagena. On one side is the Caribbean Sea, and on the other is a large lagoon. It is less than 10 minutes taxi ride to/from the airport (costs about 11000-12000 Colombian pesos, i.e., roughly six U.S. dollars), and is about 75-80 yards from the beach. If you are more interested in the Old City than the beach, you might want to stay at a hotel in the Old City, as this hotel is a 15 or so minute taxi ride away. For the beach lover this hotel is ideally located. My room was very clean and comfortable, and kept that way each day by the staff. There is free wireless and hardwire Internet access, and a large flat panel HD TV with lots of channels (English and Spanish) in the rooms. My bathroom was quite large, and I could fit four people easily in the shower (if I had three others wanting to share the water). I speak passable Spanish, but I found that most of the staff know some English (and some of them speak it well), so communication was definitely not an issue for me. I got to know some of these folks on a first name basis. The hotel is quiet -- I did not hear any loud TVs or noisy adults and hollering kids during my stay. It also seems to be very safe and the hotel does have security guards, some armed. The restaurant is very spacious and nicely appointed. I got a tasty full breakfast each morning, included in the room price. The food that I had was very good, though I thought it a tad pricey (but, truly, I had nothing to compare it too as regards the other hotels and there are no individual restaurants nearby so far as I know). The wait staff was very attentive and friendly. On the side nearest the beach the hotel has a nice swimming pool where I went after spending time on the beach. I either did a little more sun bathing and swimming, or sat at a table in the shade, drinking a cold Club Colombia beer. The pool has an attended bar where you can order drinks and food. It seems a popular place for guests to hang out. All-in-all, a very pleasant place to stay, especially for the price. I will likely stay here again on my next visit. Here's a side note that has nothing to do with the hotel, but it might be helpful to some visitors, especially those from the USA (who are not used to this approach): At the beach a number of locals go up and down, trying to earn their livings by selling you just about anything from oysters, crabs, drinks, ice cream, hats, to sandals, etc. They are sometimes very persistent, even when told "no gracias, no quiero nada" several times. If you don't want what they're selling, keep saying "no". Eventually, they will realize you are not going to be talked into it, and go elsewhere. But, once one of them manages to put something in your hand, you just bought it. And, of course, maybe you do want something, and that's fine. You can haggle over the price. Last, I was approached several times by some of the local "working women" who want to give you a massage and more. I was solo, but I noted these ladies did not pester a guy who had a companion and/or kids. Again, they are persistent, so if you are not interested, you will have to politely say "no" a number of times.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Dear Mr. Michael,

We are realy happy for your opinion about our Hotel, thanks a lot. Every day our staff works so that our guests find the rest and tranquility when they come for business or pleasure.
About the situations on the beach, we are working with the local authorities and the community for develop more controls to the commercial activities, and the visitors may continue interacting and enjoying the enviroment at this beautiful beaches. Don´t let to visit us again, we hope new opportunity for assist you in your next visit to Cartagena de Indias.

Columbia, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

My family enjoyed our stay here. The hotel is new and modern. A few draw backs are that the bathrooms are open to the room, the hotel is actually facing the inlet and not the sea, and the property has a narrow walkway along a condo property that is on the beach before you get to a small pool with beach access. The staff is friendly, the wifi is good, and the restaurant is decent. The beds are also good and we found the hotel to be a great location for a few days. The beach is nice but there are many people trying to sell you things and the people selling lotion will try to put it on you or your child so make sure to be assertive about saying no.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your important opinion about our Hotel, we are realy happy because your family enjoyed your stay with us. In order to your suggestion we are working to implement new activities for the families in the pool area, and we are working with the local autorities for develop more controls to the commercial activities in the beach, In addition to this we are organizing an special area with solarium in the garden of the Hotel next to the beach.

Best regards,

Revenue Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Cartagena Morros? Share your experiences!