“Wonderful Cartagena Fare” 4 of 5 stars

+57 6685291
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #94 of 376 Restaurants in Cartagena
Description: The essence and flavors of a city can be captured through the colors, aroma,magic, land, citizens and numerous sensations associated with a close-knit community. With its live dancing and authentic menu, Cande is a restaurant that offers culture, music and tradition - night after night - through cuisine, colonial architecture and warm service, offering a new way to see (an feel) the city through your five senses. Cande lives and breathes Cartagena.
Phoenix, Arizona
“Wonderful Cartagena Fare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The food here was advertised as being typical to the region and we think it hit that mark. Recommend the seafood sampler as a way to dive in.

Visited February 2013

Miami, Florida
“The experiece was fenomenal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I had the opportunity to take my wife to Cande to celebrate Valentine´s Day. We were greeted by Mr. Hector who was very nice and friendly to us. He made us feel really like he has known us for many years. The restaurant was exceptional. The location, the way we were treated and the quality of the food in Cande was superb! I would recommend Cande to anyone who wants to taste the real flavor of Cartagena culinary speaking and the real warm of its people! We will return to this restaurant the next time we are in Cartagena! Do not miss this wonderful opportunity.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“A good option to know the local food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

They are specialized in the Cartagena food. Although the food is not that good, they have a decent environment and service too. I do not recommend if you are looking for a great meal, but is for sure a good option for knowing the local food.
They do take credit cards (I pay with it). And I recommend “Camarones en apuros” if you like crispy shrimps and “Berenjena Jaiba” (amazing eggplant dish).

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We loved the live dancers and music! The kitchen was open so we were able to see the chef in action. The service was somewhat slow but nobody minded because the ambiance and the food was all so good.

We had an appetizer sampler that was great, all of the main courses were flavorful and fantastic, the wine list was extensive and the waitress was sweet. I loved the Boronia that was served with my dish, I am going to try to make it at home!

I would love for them to open a Cande in NYC!

Visited January 2013
New York City, New York
“Liars!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This restaurant is very pretty and the food was decent, but they told us that they took credit cards and then said the machine was broken when the check came. My mother and I are very honest, so we went back the next day to pay and they said the credit car machine was still broken and demanded that we pay. I do not believe the credit card machine ever worked. Additionally, they asked us if we wanted water while waiting for our bill and then added that to the bill. STAY AWAY.

• Visited August 2012