While some people may prefer to stay at a hotel in the old, walled section of Cartagena, there were many advantages to staying on the beach at the Hotel Las Americas Torre del Mar. The staff was very friendly and helpful, though not everyone speaks English. The hotel has rooms on two sides; one faces the sea and the rooms on the other side face a large lagoon. Those facing the sea have a nicer view, but the one toward the lagoon wasn't shabby either. The rooms are large and well-equipped, and the bed was very comfortable. The pools are especially nice, with perhaps the best being the one on the roof. It's an infinity pool with one side that is parallel to the beach; there is also a very nice bar area there where you can eat as well. The views from the roof are wonderful.
The breakfast offerings are very ample at the buffet, and the food at the main restaurant was also very good. While there isn't much to walk to from the hotel, the peaceful setting and the beach more than made up for the fact that it was a ten minute taxi ride into the old part of Cartagena.
- Also Known As:
- Las Americas Torre Del Mar Hotel
- Las Americas Torre Del Mar Hotel Cartagena
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Paradise. Rediscover your life in Cartagena de Indias, the city of unforgettable sunsets, endless nights and the astonishing Caribbean Sea while exploring the charms of Las Américas Resort y Centro de Convenciones. The renovated Las Américas Casa de Playa hotel, the new Las Américas Torre del Mar hotel and the 2,000-person capacity ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Otel and Venere so you can book your Las Americas Torre del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.