Paying $170/night to stay here is a rip-off.
- hotel exterior and balcony chipped and dirty, door handle to balcony faulty
- breakfast good but restaurant food poor (the attempt at pizzas was shocking) and expensive ($18 for pork and chips)
- no umbrellas by pool
- the beach is a scam-zone ($60 for a massage, $100 for some oysters)
- party in building opposite went on until 6am on first night - staff seemed unconcerned by booming tunes
- $3 charge for using coffee equipment in room and $5 for a bottle of water. Joke.
In their defence they are trying to do the place up (builders and painters were everywhere). But under these circumstances should they not offer a discount?
Staff very friendly but would avoid unless paying significantly less than rate above.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Sonesta Hotel Cartagena reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.