Tired of being ripped off on old hotels in the city center. The orange apartment complex is a great alternative. We had a two bedroom, two bath place with a balcony facing the ocean. Very modern. Kitchen included. Free internet. Free breakfast. Rooftop pool. Even though this complex is located in the newer part of town, there are several advantages:
1) Safe neighborhood that is quiet. This was the first time in Colombia I could walk outside and hot have traffic, horns, tons of people, etc. It was so peaceful. And I felt very safe walking. There are some nice upscale restaurants nearby. This is the nicest neighborhood of cartagena.
2) Travel to the old city is $5 or less by taxi. Taxis are easy to find. You can walk it too along the water. Takes about 30 minutes.
3) You get a lot for your money. Unlike the old town where botique hotels come at American prices. This apartment offers a good value for your money.. particularly if you are a small group of travlers.
4) The management office offers to help with booking tours, giving you travel ideas. There is a laundry service and refrigerators do come stocked with reasonably priced sodas. So even though it's an apartment, it has hotel ammenities.
The breakfast could be a bit better, but I was thrilled to even have it
Overall, a nice place outside of the tourist area. I felt I could really relax here.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Travelers Suites Orange Cartagena reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.