We had a fantastic three night stay in this immaculate hotel. Behind heavy wooden doors in the old part of the city, the large rooms are all off the central courtyard- plants, pools, wooden walkways- its lovely- ultra modern feeling decor wise but very natural too- hint of Arabic in the floors and partitions.
Breakfast was really good (All included and order from the menu- no congealing buffets here) and they are great about mixing and matching dishes.
The rooms are beautiful. They are all suits, huge beds plus sofas or recliners, all in immaculate white (Hotel is only a year old) One of the most comfy beds I have ever slept in. Huge bathrooms too. The rooms smelled really good all the time!
Casablanca B&B is not stuffy either, which boutique hotels can be- not at all pretentious (unlike the similarly priced but very clinical feeling hotel Tcherassi near by)
One problem was when we realised the pool on the roof was a boiling hot jacuzzi- not conducive to cooling off on a hot Caribbean afternoon. No problem though- staff were happy to make it cold!
Also what was great - there were no young children (young families seem to stay at the Santa Clara Sofital which is a big hotel, big pool, better for kids I imagine)
Only real complaint- they didn't have much info at the hotel for the tourist- i wanted to do a historic type tour of the city- they didn't have a clue... Also they have skylights in the rooms- make sure these are covered by staff before you go to sleep to avoid bright room in the morning.
But overall- fantastic
- Also Known As:
- Casablanca Hotel Cartagena
- Casablanca Bed And Breakfast
- Casablanca Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This sensational house built at the end of the XIX Century, and following the style of the Republican architecture, has been recently restored and furnished with the outmost detail providing the guests a pleasant stay in one of the most beautiful cities of the world , located in the old city of Cartagena de Indias at the Calle del Tejadillo.The finely decorated rooms tastefully give guests a new sense of tranquility, total comfort, light-filled bathrooms and fine details in lingerie. Its wide corridors flanked by reflecting pools, the exuberance of its tropical vegetation, in addition to two inner courts, provide the guests a perfect oasis of peace.The hotel has 12 rooms, 2 heated pools, a large terrace with spectacular city views, BBQ and kitchen area event, internet WiFi all over the place, TV 42 ", iPod Docks, massage area, laundry, organizing tours and diving. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Splendia, Tingo, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Venere and Otel so you can book your Casablanca B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.