“Best boutique in Cartagena” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Santa Ana

You added Casa Santa Ana to your Saves list
Casa Santa Ana
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   EL Carretero | Calle 29 No. 10B-34, Cartagena 05, Colombia   |
Ranked #28 of 118 Hotels in Cartagena
Granada
“Best boutique in Cartagena”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I had first booked to stay one night, in the beginning of February 2013, at this beautiful house. I was so pleased with my stay that I booked for another two nights when I returned to Cartagena, one week later. This is definitely the best boutique in the city. (And trust me, I am supposed to know, being the owner of boutique hotels in Granada, Spain.). I find the location in Getsemani, very exotic and very much "old Cartagena", which all adds to the experience. The other districts in inside the walls, are more "clinical" and touristy. Getsemani is better, more colourful and within walking distance of it all. Just around the corner from the hotel you find a wonderful latin bar with live music and dancing "Cafe La Habana". Great "vibe", great drinks and wonderful atmosphere.
Back to Casa Santa Ana....The staff are great and very good suggesting sights to see; restaurants for every taste and valet. They make you a list of places that will last you a week to visit! Breakfast is included and is served in the lush patio; all a la carte and cooked a la minute. Could not be better! They even have a small dipping pool on the roof to cool off.
If you have the budget for it, I suggest you book the Jr. Suite. For a little extra you get a lot.
Enjoy!!

Room Tip: THey only have 6 rooms, but I would chose the Jr. Suite. Lots of space and lovely interior design...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

A peaceful small hotel in Getsemani, in a safe residential area with lots of life, and right by the nice Trinidad square. It is a few minutes walk from the centre but this is balanced by the nice area it is is in. No English spoken by the staff, and to my surprise nowhere else in the first five days I spent in Columbia. This occasionally caused difficulties for bad Spanish speakers like me, but nothing major. Roms were nice, and the downstairs courtyard for breakfast or drinks was lovely.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

My stay at Casa Santa Ana is really one to remember. I felt very comfortable already when they opened the door. What a nice Hotel and what a warm people. The check-in was perfect. The room was very comfortable and the design the proof of a good taste. I had a good night sleep, top bed. The breakfast in the morning was like I want to have it .... tasty and fresh. The service was even better than at The four Seasons, the one I visited before my trip to Cartagena, in France we say " CHAPEAU"! No doubts I will recommend Casa Santa Ana by everybody. I'm not use to write a review but this time .... Thanks .....

Room Tip: All the rooms will make you feel home!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Buenos Aires
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We were a bit dubious about staying in Getsemani, as our original hotel in the San Diego area had double booked us, and we had to move to the Santa Ana. However, the location was great, near the lively Park de Santisima Trinidad. The staff were all extremely pleasant.

We were collected from the airport by an efficient driver. However, we later learned from our friends who had arrived a couple of hours earlier that he had no idea how to get to Santa Ana. But many of the hotels seem to be unmarked from the road. A tax dodge maybe? And the roads are numbered on some maps, and have names on others. All a tad confusing.

We had a huge 42" plasma TV in the room, and although we got ESPN and FoxSoccer, the reception was not HD - typical of many S. American broadcasts.

Wifi was free and good. Apart from the Sunday, when it went to a crawl. When I asked about it, the manager apologised and said it would be fixed on Monday - which it was.

The AC was more than adequate, plus there is a fan in the room. There is a fridge, but no coffee maker. Which is why we travel with an immersion heater.

In the bathroom, the hot water was a little temperamental. It could take a while to warm up, and then it could go cool during the shower, before coming back to hot. Nothing I couldn't get used to.

The price of hotels in the old town are all pretty pricey. You can get a better deal in one of the tower hotels in Bocagrande, but if you are looking for a quaint stay amongst other non-touristy tourists, Casa Santa Ana is pretty good.

Room Tip: There is one room on the ground floor, the other 4 require walking up a flight of stairs. None of t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Stayed here for part of our honeymoon. I echo the sentiments of past reviews. Very cozy hotel with a very attentive staff; great breakfast! We had the place to ourselves during our 3 night stay.

We actually had an unfortunate situation that the hotel dealt with with grace. Due to a missed connection flight in Bogota, we arrive one day late at the hotel. Before I arrived, the hotel staff had already called the website we booked through (venere.com) and had our first night waived. I was fully prepared to have to pay for the first night, but thanks to the thoughtful staff I didn't have to!!! Great experience!

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at Casa Hotel during the Carnival of Cartagena. We found the location of the hotel excellent. In the old town but in the part which has remained relatively untouched by tourists, we could meddle with the locals and feel the real Cartagena (well, rather the old town which is a world of its own, as the outside districts are very poor and can be dangerous for foreigners). Rooms were a tiny small we found but very clean and functional, decorated in a rather modern style (white leather etc.). It was noisy but eh, this was Carnival so no worries. However, we felt the rooms could be a bit noisy overall. Breakfast was good but quantities not huge. A bit pricy - perhaps justified by the upper floor swimming pool? - we enjoyed our stay there. Service was a bit absent - we saw the owner only once in 3 days but friendly.

CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Great little house with only 5 rooms and fabulous staff that will make you feel like a queen. The best bed I ever slept on in Colombia. Breakfast yummy and the internet worked well. The house is located in Gestsamani which is not the best area of the city but a quick 15 minutes walk to Old Town. I was sad when it was time to check out. I felt like I was leaving family! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Casa Santa Ana? Share your experiences!