“Great food,wine selection super.Best service ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Cali, Colombia
Improve this listing
Ranked #70 of 245 Restaurants in Cali
New York City, New York
“Great food,wine selection super.Best service ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Visit Cali for a business trip. Walk around San Antonio and walk in to Azul.. woo for my surprise it was busy. Great ambiance, Diego welcoming me with a big smile. He told me that It was full sow he ofer the bar! Love sitting at the bar . Martha the chef came out and help me with the menu everyone was having a good time you could feel it,She ask me to stayed and star with a aperitif, I order the Zacapa Mijito (most have) ... Diego serve me warm bread with eggplant tapenade . Then I told Martha that I eat everything I let her to surprise me. The people recommend clandestine ( it means that she will do a surprise)
She send me Tuna Maritini Tartare ( is not the menu yet she told me),after she send me a fresh Grouper. Love it. I order also a bottle of cava that a group next to me recommend it. The bartender serve very well. To full for dessert sow they ofer Tinto(Colombian Coffe). The music was perfect from all over the world.
I sow Martha going to almost very table to check if they were please with the food. She is the chef owner . I love Azul and I will be back.
This place is for people that loves eating and is not afraid of trying new things! Good luck to you Azul

Visited January 2014

Cali, Colombia
“Poor Quality”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Very poor service and the food was of bad quality! Steak was like rubber and the prices ridiculous! The staff took no notice of my complaints and were very insulting when I refused to tip!

Visited January 2013
“Let Martha cook for you ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I had the opportunity and delight of visiting Azul on a Business Trip ... Martha provided me with a great gastronomical experience cooking for me what she wanted, really delicious and unforgettable. Everything was so well prepared, presented and exquisite that for sure I will return.

• Visited April 2013
Flinton, Pennsylvania
“Charming with great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

If you go early and during the week, you may have the restaurant all to yourselves with the full attention of the wait-staff. We had three courses and all were wonderful (their chef is excellent) – especially the chocolate cake, covered with chocolate syrup and vanilla ice cream. YUM! They have an excellent choice of wines as well. This is a small and charming restaurant, not seating too many. The tables are a bit close and I am not sure, when full, how comfortable the arrangements might be. We were there when the place was nearly empty and the atmosphere was lovely – quiet with a hint of music in the background. The restaurant is located in the San Antonio district of Cali, which is the oldest part of the city (I think). I find the area very much “neighborhoodish” with a real hip vibe. We walked to the restaurant and took a taxi home, but there seems to be adequate parking. This is not a cheap restaurant so be prepared to pay U.S. prices.

• Visited February 2012
Boston
“Azul is amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

Azul is a fantastic restaurant, located in the San Antonio district in an old house. The drinks, entrees, and desserts were all excellent and expertly prepared. The menu includes many salads, seafood, and meat options. The food is not limited to traditional Colombian dishes but includes many Moroccan and other Eastern inspired dishes. There are also numerous vegetarian dishes (not just salads) which is rare in Cali. I went with a group of 8 people and everyone loved their meals. Since we were a large party, we were seated in a private dining room which was Both before we ordered and at the end of the meal, the chef/owner came to our table to see how we were doing. Also, the restaurant is very cool place with brightly colored walls and eclectic decorations. I highly recommend this place! Well worth the money!

• Visited September 2011