“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 679 Hotels in Ningbo
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

If someone says Ningbo I reply Howard Johnson. That place was my best experience from the whole city. I had a superior room with excellent view (if we can say so the air was so polluted that visibility was quite low). Regarding hotel – room perfect, food – DELICIOUS the best breakfasts I ever had in China great combinations of China and International cuisine. SPA – I took a foot massage every day and quality was marvelous. I can only suggest staying there (for business or with your family).

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Philly
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Overall, an amazing hotel. I have never seen such service. It is almost oppressive. From the second you step in the door, you are taken care of. You are greeted with tea and a hot towel. And no tipping to worry about here.

The room was excellent, a mini suite type. It was clean and very well appointed. Mine was on a no smoking floor which makes a big difference. The contents of the micro fridge were free (nice). They had a conceirge type bar room on the floor above mine, with complimentary drinks. Alas, only budweiser free... I did not come to China to drink Bud! They also offer 100RMB of free laundry.

The breakfast was decent, but not special. I had dinner down the street, at the Shipu restaurant, where you can pick your live fish from one of the 50+ tanks. My coworkers say the Sheraton and Shangrila are also excellent but I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Delray Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I have been in China many times and have not been in as nice a hotel.
The service is spectacular. Good breakfast. Great value.
Near center of the city. perfect for a business traveler.
I strongly reccomend this hotel.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are great
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

A Luxury Hotel in the heart of Ningbo City. Greeted at check in with hot tea and a wet towel. Greeted at room with own private Butler and hot tea. Excellent service, luxury and comfort for a weary traveler.

• Stayed November 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Perfect hotel for business travel, I stayed hrre in the last three years and is a good experience every time. I stayed at 19th floor, the terrace view is fine.
Friendly and very efficient staff, good breakfast, clise to center and shopping malls, also to the old center.
Perfect valur for the money, I stronhly reccomend it

• Stayed November 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

Howard Johnson Hotel Ningbo was a great experience offering warm and friendly service throughout our stay. The room was Beautifully clean with great attention to detail. We appreciated the complimentary drinks in the bar fridge along with the complimentary butler service who helped us to choose our pillows ensuring a great night sleep on a very comfortable bed. Breakfast was well presented, fresh and most of all tasty. Howard Johnson Ningbo far exceeded our expectations in every way from the room size and presentation, wifi and on site facilities and we would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for AMAZING VALUE and GREAT SERVICE!!!!!! Truly a 5 Star Experience.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We chose this hotel over the famed Park Hyatt near the Lake mainly because of the reviews I read on Tripadvisor. Low and behold the service was AMAZING !!! There was staff everywhere. There was even staff in the garage happily showing us where to park, opened the door for me, wrote me a card to remind me of the parking space number !!! We asked if we could video their little "direction dance" and they happily complied. Staff everywhere greeted us with eye contact, and the girl who made up our room wrote us a lengthy personal note about how we can adjust the aircon temperature after we asked her about it during one encounter. We could really tell management tries very hard to make this hotel special, and their efforts are much appreciated. Location of hotel is great and rates are very reasonable. Only complaint was the condition of the lobby bathroom. We went on the busy October holiday week, but the smell in the lobby bathroom was not acceptable for this otherwise greatly managed hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Howard Johnson Plaza Ningbo? Share your experiences!